Rugged Ridge Diff. cover

• Glad to hear they came around.

You can get that anywhere, but it probably won't be the flush style.

Make sure you tighten it well, NPT plugs are tapered and should fit tightly.

If it doesn't then the bung is stripped.

• If that thing is 1/4" NPT and you put a 3/8 in it, the damage is done and you either must tap it for a bigger plug or you need to replace it.

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• so others will see it and know not to buy it, if they have one then they know to get rid of it.

So we just liter in the parks that are gracious enough to let us enjoy our beloved hobby there in order to make a "statement" that no one will get anyway? If it works, it works. We still don't know how it fell out. Could have been a lack of attention to detail in putting it in the last time, operator error, or just all out coincidence.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Just a little tid bit, Big companies "usually" do not waste there time on something half-aszed. It is to their benefit to make a good product. If Zach or Clayton didn't stand behind there products would members still buy them, probably not.

How many diff covers are out there for the Model 20?? Just because you make a unique product doesn't mean its worth a darn. People make and install these products so incidents do happen. Just the shear fact that they told Glen they would send him a new part deems them right in my book.

Honestly any ductile steel diff cover is better than stock or aluminum piece.

Glen, hope the new part works out.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Just a little tid bit, Big companies "usually" do not waste there time on something half-aszed. It is to their benefit to make a good product.

Ford made the Edsel.

As anyone that's threaded NPT pipe knows, it's very possible to over cut it making it too small to properly seal.

There are three possibilities here.

1. The plug was cut too small.

2. The bung was cut too big.

3. Glen installed it improperly.

I guess we will know when he gets the new plug.

• Your preaching to the wrong choir about the Edsel. That was called a marketing disaster not a mechanical failure. Many American were too stupid and stuck in their old way. They same could be said about the Tucker. Safety glass, seat belts, and lights that follow the steering wheel. Good thing that failed when it did. ::) ::) ::) Wonder why both the Tuckers and Edsel's have such a strong following today...

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Well I for one love them both and many think that if it wasn't for the finance issue, they would have paved the way for the automotive industry of today. Infiniti is using the head light idea on their cars now! As for Edsel's they were just plan cool looking.

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Your preaching to the wrong choir about the Edsel. That was called a marketing disaster not a mechanical failure. Many American were too stupid and stuck in their old way. They same could be said about the Tucker. Safety glass, seat belts, and lights that follow the steering wheel. Good thing that failed when it did. ::) ::) ::) Wonder why both the Tuckers and Edsel's have such a strong following today...

-Brad

Isn't there a model out now that has headlights that move with the steering wheel ?

Maybe it was just before it's time.

Our landlord owns 2, maybe 3 Ford Cyclones, definitely not everyone's idea of the typical musclecar, but he likes them.

I dunno, some people like to own stuff that isn't (wasn't) in the mainstream.

• Well I for one love them both and many think that if it wasn't for the finance issue, they would have paved the way for the automotive industry of today. Infiniti is using the head light idea on their cars now! As for Edsel's they were just plan cool looking.

Tuckers were overengineered works of art, that were ahead of thier time, Edsels were underengineered turds that were designed by a spoiled rich kid who had no concept of what a car should look like, unless you like a car that looks likes its sucking a lemon. Apples to Oranges

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Yes and Hella now has auxilary lights that follow the road as well.

I like how RR advertises their dif cover as being ably to withstand a point blank .44 shot. Well, that great if you plan on using it as a handgun target. It doesn't mean s#@t if the drain plug falls out before you even get to the wheeling. I'd say either make them send you two so you have a spare or ditch it before it ditches you somewhere.

• My daily driver has what they call adaptive headlights. It's wicked cool on a dark road with a lot of twists.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insi…_adaptive_headlights.html

well, aren't you all fancy-schmancy?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!