Bill's Huge List Of Why The JK is Better Than The TJ. :-)

• I'd love to hear it.

Me and my big mouth. I'll put it together for you and post it. It'll take a bit because there are so many things. LOL.

Really though, I love my TJ much more than my JK because it's my baby and I made it what it is but that 06 TJ, which is apparently the pinnacle of the generation...is no match for my 08 JK. I'm just being honest.

More to come. :campfire:

Sorry for the hi-jack James. Carry on.

• Yeah, well don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. LOL

And I expect a "huge list". ;D

• This should be good.....
    :suspicious: (eager anticipation)

Am I allowed to weigh in on this since I'v only owned a four door JK for 1.5 days? I could also in this short of time post a laundry list of reasons why I like it far better than any of my previous Jeeps (a CJ, 2 YJs, and 2 XJs). Most of which has to do with being more capable "out of the box", and still able to pull and trailer and haul a family better than any Jeep produced to date. Not sayin', just sayin'.

• and still able to pull and trailer and haul a family better than any Jeep produced to date. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Actually the Commander blows the JK out of the water in this regard with twice the towing capacity. 7400 lbs vs. 3500 lbs. And the Libby can Tow 5000 lbs.

Bill's comparison was between the TJ and JK, not all the old school Jeeps.

• I am waiting...

from what I have read... the JK highlights are 35's with very small lift, No need to do a long arm, because the stock arm geometry is set up well.
    more towing, storage, gas mileage?

I would say drawbacks... Price, Size on the trail, storing the 4 doors and hard top when it is nice outside, the fact that 35's are easy, will make me want 37's under it.
    Oh and

There is a huge after market following on the JK, it seems like there is more JK stuff than TJ stuff.

• Actually the Commander blows the JK out of the water in this regard with twice the towing capacity. 7400 lbs vs. 3500 lbs. And the Libby can Tow 5000 lbs.

Bill's comparison was between the TJ and JK, not all the old school Jeeps.

Point noted, but in my defense I was basing my statement on REAL Jeeps. IMO, just because Chrapler slaps a Jeep badge on it doesn't automatically make it a "Jeep". If it doesn't have a solid axle....it's not a Jeep, period. Flame war number two............ :innocent:

• I gotta hear this one... ;D

I can appreciate the jk for what it is but think stock tj rubi vs stock jk rubi they're pretty close. I'm just not a fan of the changes in proportion...as Jen says they look like mini hummers. It's gotta be hell trying to fit a 4dr down some of the trails, that pig's huge. Combine that with the fact that when the doors are pulled on a 4dr it reminds me of pulling doors on a xj, cool that you can do it but something just doesn't look right IMHO.

Meh, I've owned a number of different models and can appreciate each for what they were. There are a number of things I don't like about my TJ but I've changed most of them. I guess I'm just getting old but my preference is leaning more and more towards the classics now...really want a stock-ish CJ-6 as a driver/light wheeler and a FC or MB to tool around town in. :shrug:

--Ian

• i will still never understand why they moved away from the classic torque monster I6. personally i think the V6 idea is garbage, but i have never sat in/drove/been inside/really know what im talking about when it comes to JK's....but i really like the fact that Jeep has kept the same motor for so long...until now. ;D

• i will still never understand why they moved away from the classic torque monster I6. personally i think the V6 idea is garbage, but i have never sat in/drove/been inside/really know what im talking about when it comes to JK's....but i really like the fact that Jeep has kept the same motor for so long...until now. ;D

The 4.0L would not pass emissions standards set for the year 2010.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I had a 2005 tj with a 4.5 rubicon express super-flex with 3.5" springs on 33's. and i now have a 2008 jk rubicon 4 door. and i will say that my jk handles just about everything my mortified TJ did just as well bone stock. it also rides alot better on the road then my TJ ever did. the size has been abit of a problem on some trials its only about a foot wider but that makes for alot of rubbing in someplaces. the length has only made me have to do a few k turns on trials. I haven't had it out and the creek yet this is only the private trials i use by my work with the land owners permission and the pine barrens. hopefully I'll make it out to ranch creek soon and really get to test it out on the trials. the electronic swaybar disconnects are nice,(as long as they keep working) I do miss my TJ sometimes mostly for the short wheel base. but the jk is better for me since it can fit the family and the dogs with everything i need for a weekend down the shore.

• I didn't forget. I just haven't had time to sit at a computer.
    Don't worry...it won't be a dissapointment. ;)

the suspense is killing me...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• and i will say that my jk handles just about everything my mortified TJ did just as well bone stock.

wow, the jk thoroughly humiliated that poor TJ! :D

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!