• Recommendations for a complete CB set up??? Only one I looked at so far was this one http://www.cooltechllc.com/jeep/jk_CB_AllinOne_kit.htm It's $200 and everything installs real clean but wanted to see what else is out there and didn't really want to spend $200. I have a JK if that makes a difference when choosing and CB.

• Recommendations for a complete CB set up??? Only one I looked at so far was this one http://www.cooltechllc.com/jeep/jk_CB_AllinOne_kit.htm It's $200 and everything installs real clean but wanted to see what else is out there and didn't really want to spend $200. I have a JK if that makes a difference when choosing and CB.

Quite a few of us use the 75 WXST radio. I'm happy with mine.

You will need an external speaker for it to be useful at all.

Looks like an OK kit.

• the radio itself is $100 (amazon), so you're mainly paying for the fancy tailgate antenna mount. You don't really need a mount for the microphone, most people store it in the glove box between trips. You can get a bungie cord type thing to hang it from the mirror when you're using it. You should be able to get everything you need including an external speaker for under $175 if you shop online.

Or you could drive up to R&R Communications in Claymont and get their advice on a cheaper cb (maybe a low-profile model like the Uniden Pro520) and brackets to install it. I think they even do installations. http://www.rrcom.com/rrcom.html

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Or you could drive up to R&R Communications in Claymont and get their advice on a cheaper cb (maybe a low-profile model like the Uniden Pro520) and brackets to install it. I think they even do installations. http://www.rrcom.com/rrcom.html

There are cheeper CB's but the convenience of the 75 WXST are worth it. It is completely removable with one connection. Storable in a Crown Royal bag thrown in the glove box/travel kit. I have used mine without the external speaker exclusively, not the best situation but usable.

• Crown Royal bag thrown in the glove box/travel kit.

Love it!!! :laughing:

Yeah, the 75 is by no means a great CB but it works fine for what we do with it. The external speaker is a must if you listen to the radio off road or try to use it on road with the top off.

• I thought the hand mic was the transmitter/speaker :? Or are you guys saying that is worthless ass a speaker and I need a separate one from that? I'm confused :? I need an adult! haha

• It is a speaker just not the best. I have yet to buy an external speaker like I said its not the best but it works.

X2 - Not perfect but for as much as I use it is is fine.

X3. I mounted mine as shown below.

It works great there as I can hear the CB with the left ear and still listen to the person in the right seat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Thats a Nice spot for it. Might use that idea when I get around to buy one. I'll probably just start with the out of the box set up first and then add the speaker.

• This is a good portable unit. Talks very well @ 1/2 the cost. You have the added advantage of being able to leave the vehicle and continue using it if necessary. Plus you still have communication if you have total loss of power in the vehicle. Nice features, Memory, weather, scan ETC. Uses 9 2 AA or AC/DC.
    http://www.cobra.com/products/…with-weather-soundtracker

Not to be negative, and maybe this one rocks, but I have yet to find a "good" portable unit...

• Honestly, buy the cheapest you can find and spend the rest on pussy and beer.

as far as portable units go, I wouldn't get one. Farther range and you don't have to worry about battery power, especially for those weekend trips.

• Not to be negative, and maybe this one rocks, but I have yet to find a "good" portable unit
    [/quote]
    I have Two modded radio's one pretty large Galaxy 95T, and have used them all in the truck. ( Big Rig ) if the portable passes there I think it should meet anyone's needs else where. It can simply be plugged into 12 volt and hooked to external antenna. @ 4 watt it performs quite well when set-up correctly. But to each his/her own.

• Look at West Marine for small external speakers. We have 2 VHF radios on "The Seacracker". One uses a full size external speaker & the other uses a small external speaker. The small one is just as good as the large one. Small one is about 2" square. Thinkin' about mounting one in the dash of the YJ.

• Go to R&R thy will set you up right. If you go tell them that Tugboat sent you.
    [size=1][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]R & R COMMUNICATIONS, INC.[/color]
    [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]302-475-1351[/color][/size]
    2312 Carpenter Station Rd
    Wilmington, DE 19810
    U.S.A.

I have a 75 that I am not using it has been peaked and clipped. It was in my pick up for a while I would consider letting it go make a offer.

• I wouldn't know what to offer for it. What does Peaked and Clipped mean :? I might run up to RR and see what they have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!