Samsung created a butt robot to prove their phones don't bend like the 6 Plus.

:o It's just a standard Instron set up for a modified flex test. ::) Nothing special.

I wonder how they determined the appropriate softness for the load head in order to get results relatable to the real world? :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• :o It's just a standard Instron set up for a modified flex test. ::) Nothing special.

I wonder how they determined the appropriate softness for the load head in order to get results relatable to the real world? :hmm:

They're all about that bass, bout that bass, bout that bass...... :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Anyone upgrade to Android 5.0 yet?

I know my G3 is supposedly scheduled to get that push in the next week, I haven't paid attention to the other phones.

Apparently has "SMART LOCK" feature can use facial recognition as part of it.

• Anyone upgrade to Android 5.0 yet?

I know my G3 is supposedly scheduled to get that push in the next week, I haven't paid attention to the other phones.

Apparently has "SMART LOCK" feature can use facial recognition as part of it.

I manually upgraded to Lollipop on my Nexus since my phone won't update over the air since it's rooted and has custom recovery and kernel.

You will go directly to Android 5.0.1 since that is the latest version and fixes some bugs 5.0 had.

I like Lollipop a lot more than KitKat but I am sad that the new version broke the Xposed framework I was using. Hopefully they get Xposed running on ART. If not, I'll probably have to go back to a custom ROM like CM12 or Carbon.

• You will go directly to Android 5.0.1 since that is the latest version and fixes some bugs 5.0 had.

I like Lollipop a lot more than KitKat but I am sad that the new version broke the Xposed framework I was using. Hopefully they get Xposed running on ART. If not, I'll probably have to go back to a custom ROM like CM12 or Carbon.

WTF did you just say?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• https://play.google.com/store/…ilsw.launcher.prime&hl=en

Nova Launcher Prime is on sale for 99 cents right now, normally $4.99. It's a replacement launcher, basically a more flexible desktop. For those of you (knoxrents) who complain about manufacturers customizations like Samsung TouchWiz this replaces much of that. It's probably the first thing I installed on my new phone. There's also a free version just called Nova Launcher if you want to give it a try first.

• https://play.google.com/store/…ilsw.launcher.prime&hl=en

Nova Launcher Prime is on sale for 99 cents right now, normally $4.99. It's a replacement launcher, basically a more flexible desktop. For those of you (knoxrents) who complain about manufacturers customizations like Samsung TouchWiz this replaces much of that. It's probably the first thing I installed on my new phone. There's also a free version just called Nova Launcher if you want to give it a try first.

Back when I was working for VZW launchers always seemed to be a huge drain on the operating memory/processor. Are newer ones still that way? Do these disable the manufacturer "launcher" and just run this one or is it still running on top of the factory. Not quite sure how to explain it now that i've been outta the loop for a year. I guess is it disabling TouchWiz or just running overtop of that?

I always wanted to root my androids (before i went iOS) but that was highly frowned upon by our data guys because we would show customers something on our phones that don't run the same OS as the one the customers buying. Then you undoubtedly get the customer with a bricked android/iphone because they tried it and failed. I never looked into rooting once I got some flak for discussing it at work.

• It replaces the TouchWiz launcher. Other customizations to the gui are outside of the launcher. I have never heard that Nova could drain more battery than stock and I'm pretty impressed with the battery on my S7. Maybe you are thinking of themes? They can be pretty draining.

I used to root all my phones but then when work started paying for my plan I stopped because I can't risk bricking my phone and missing calls/emails. These days with a stock rom, nova and paid wifi tethering I can do 98% of what I want without rooting.

• I recently switched to a Moto X Pure Edition, Pure android, unlocked, and no embedded stuff. 100% pure Android. Works amazing too.

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-Un…ck-Warranty/dp/B013SEXKI8

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I am extremely impressed.

I started using wireless charging on my S5 a couple years ago but it only ever charged at ~600Mah so it was good at maintaining charge during the day at my desk and charging overnight when speed doesn't matter but if I was low (and low to my OCD is <80%) before leaving the house I would have to put it on a wired charger to top it off. I picked up a wireless fast charger for my S7 the other day that does about 1.5A which isn't as fast as a true fast charger but definitely good enough.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!