• I can't wait to get back from my sandbox trip... so I can upgrade from my crap a$$ LG to a Droid... If something newer than the X comes out, then I will go for it... if not then I will def. be going for the X, and will look into rooting it... I love linux based anything... I wish the mil would be smart and go Linux instead of *****soft...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• Did they figure out if they could push ROMs and other stuff to it yet? I haven't been following the X. I know they were worried about the efuse or whatever it is.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Did they figure out if they could push ROMs and other stuff to it yet? I haven't been following the X. I know they were worried about the efuse or whatever it is.

No ROMs yet, hacking the OS and hacking the bootloader are different beasts but this is still a very good thing. I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen at some point over the next couple months.

Still waiting on Cyanogen Mod 6 to get fully released before I update my D1 to 2.2. One guy I worked with installed the release candidate and said he took it off after an hour because of problems, nother guy I know has been running it for a week or so with no problems. When the full release comes out I'll do it.

• I can't wait to get back from my sandbox trip... so I can upgrade from my crap a$$ LG to a Droid... If something newer than the X comes out, then I will go for it... if not then I will def. be going for the X, and will look into rooting it... I love linux based anything... I wish the mil would be smart and go Linux instead of *****soft...

Droid 2 should be out mid-August.

There's plenty of secure/good Windows boxes out there, they just all have their power cords removed. :)

• Droid 2 should be out mid-August.
    There's plenty of secure/good Windows boxes out there, they just all have their power cords removed. :)

I will have to be on the lookout for it then... since I will be back mid nov.... Yeah that is pretty much about the truth on the secure/good Windows boxes... not to mention the a$$load of expense you have to pay for the products from them... yet another reason I like Linux based OS's and programs better... if you do end up paying anything for them... it is only a few bucks maybe $20 at the most.... not $200+ I mean come on... I can download or order the CD for a linux based OS, and get Open office with it for free 99...... I purchase Microsoft OS for $200+ and still have to spend an additional $200ish for office.... hmmmmmm.... my money... or better yet my lack of money and a little bit of effort on my part I will stick with the Linux based OS's...

• Sounds like there are many risks with rooting the X:

Rooting instructions for the Droid X are out there and you can conquer the task today, but there are some things you need to be aware of before doing so. One of the biggest reasons for gaining superuser access to your DX is to remove all of the bloatware that Verizon and Motorola forced upon you and we can’t blame you. Just be warned that not all of this stuff can be removed. You also should know that there is not a way to make a proper backup at this time since we don’t currently have a custom recovery option.
    Here is a running list of warnings that has been started up…
    <blockquote>1. First off I am posting this for reasons that were obviously not too obvious.
    2. If you chose to delete anything other than something that can be downloaded from the market, YOU took that risk. You have potentially just bricked your device.
    3. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING THAT HAS “BLUR” IN ITS FILE NAME.
    4. DO NOT try to flash a custom recovery via Rom Manager then wonder why your phone is stuck with a cool new Motorola logo.
    5. This thread will be updated very frequently, before posting questions and what not, just post your problem, no questions please, I will be using this to help as many of you as possible.
    6. Most importantly do not mess with the framework right now, there is many $600 papers weights laying around now.
    7. DO NOT TOUCH BACK UP ASSISTANCE UNLESS ITS WINDY IN YOUR HOUSE OR OFFICE AND YOU NEED A PAPER WEIGHT.</blockquote> If you have anything to add, please let us know! And be careful!
    Read the rest of the growing list over at DroidXForums.net.

• iPhone video dealing with antenna issues:

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• That 4G Iphone commercial is pretty funny.. I know a few people that have them... and have already went to AT&T to see if they can go back to their old Iphones... that is pretty bad...

• From Droid-Life:

The guys at AndroidSpin have received word from what they believe to be a reliable source within the Verizon camp that Android 2.2 could possibly hit the Droid 1, Droid X and Incredible all next week starting on August 6th.
    If this actually happens, it might be the greatest day in the history of the Droid Family.
    Reminder, this is a rumor and this date could change, so take it for what it’s worth.
    Source: AndroidSpin

• After getting burned on promises of the 2.1 upgrade for months and at least once so far for 2.2, I'm not holding my breath. Still waiting on the final version of CM6.

Samsung is offering free Galaxy S's if you trade in an iphone 4. Bold move to launch the cannons right across Apple's bow. I dunno how many people will actually do it but good marketing idea.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/m…index.html?iref=allsearch

• I have T-Mobile so no Droid X for me. I ordered the new Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S. It's right up there with the competition and should prove to be a good phone. I played with it in the store and was impressed with the screen resolution and the response time of the applications and general browsing.

• You had to hack in and get Froyo already. :cuss:
    You couldn't wait until next Wednesday so I could get a good full day of gloating in.

(I'm just hoping my rooted phone even accepts OTA updates. :-\)

Sooooo, how is it Geoff?

• Fast...very fast. I'm overclocked now (550->800) so that helps obviously. I wanted to do Cyanogen instead of Bugless Beast but the latest RC of Cyanogen got stuck in an infinite boot loop and I had to go into recovery mode and restore from a backup. I'll wait till they release the final version and then throw it down. Bugless Beast is kinda plain...closer to stock.

• So sitting out on the patio tonight I pulled out the Google Skymap again. That is by far the coolest app ever. We searched for planets, galaxies, constellations, you name it...complete with Hubble pics and all. The kids loved it.

• anybody use the TiKL app? need somebody to test it with.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• anybody use the TiKL app? need somebody to test it with.

I do. It works ok if both people have reasonably good data connections. Call me anytime today. I'm not going to call you because you have a crazy schedule and would probably be sleeping.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!