Lockers

• i was reading the new petersens and they had a write up on "lunchbox lockers" and i was just wondering since i have a daily driver tj with stock axles i was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what would be best for me to invest in?

• i was reading the new petersens and they had a write up on "lunchbox lockers" and i was just wondering since i have a daily driver tj with stock axles i was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what would be best for me to invest in?

It'll be great in the front.

• I put QuickLock in the front and a LockRight in the rear in 1999 and have had no problems with them. Thay make noise when you turn but not that loud. But there are a few things that you must get use to like when you are on the hiway in wet wether going around a bend and take your foot off the gas the Jeep will want to steer stright. I am use to it and it dose not bother me.

Do you know what rear axle you have?

I would be cautious locking a Dana 35.

• i just want somthing that will spin posi i quess and somthing that wont be hurt by regular daily driving but will kick ass on a trail!!!!

• What kind of wheeling are you going after? After 2 sets of D35 axles (1 of which were alloy), and on my 3rd set now. I don't trust my 35 for anything significant. I would suggest a 8.8 or find a D44 rear. My plans are a HP30 with a lockright and a 8.8 Posi disk rear. Mainly, the 8.8 is going to be piece of mind for me.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Edited once, last by Sahara54 ().

• Haha I didn't mean it like that I was saying I don't do anything to hardcore just trails and such not built for rocks or anything so I don't think I'm gonna be snappin axles

• People snap D35 axles making u-turns when locked in the rear.

haha blew two up on the street one doing burn out like a jackass and one just driveing down 273 in maryland x2 on the 8.8 for what you seem to want to do

• I have a powertrax in the rear of my CJ it runs great and I have had no problems with it. You will need to adjust your driving a littel as the rear tends to want to slide out in slick conditions. There is much debate about were to put one locker in the front or rear. Like the other guys said scrap the rear you have and get something that will hold up. Stomper

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!