DEJA Trail Ride: Big Dogs Main Jambo, Sept. 10, 11, 12

• found a youtube video of a ZJ rolling over...

skip to 50-55 seconds and start there, the rest was boring.

The rest was boring except at 30 seconds when he said he was drinking budweiser out of a red bull can. I hope John Hunt finds out who they are and bans them from Big Dogs. Everyone knows I drink my face off at Big Dogs but I have zero tolerance for it on the trail when people can get seriously hurt.

• woah, I skipped through that looking for the good stuff. what an idiot. Hopefully he was just a passenger, but... booze on the trail isn't cool.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks to everyone for helping make it a good event for Michael and me. A special thanks to you guys who helped me with my bent tie rod. There were plenty of positives at Big Dogs: the weather was clear and dry, although a little on the dusty side. Everyone was friendly and sharing. The trail difficulty selection was impressive. The DEJA crowd stuck together on Friday and did some difficult stuff, and on Saturday the hard core folks went their separate ways. On the down side, someone stole one of my grab bars. I guess there are jerks everywhere. Our camera battery died midway through the event, so I don't have as many quality shots as usual, but here's a slideshow for your amusement:

http://s406.photobucket.com/al…2010/?albumview=slideshow

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Great pics!! It was an awesome long weekend. Thanks to Fran for guiding a really cool ride on Friday, and to all the DeJa members who got everyone through some really great trails! Sat. was pretty laid back but I got to clean up the dash and console while trying not to run into trees, or fall asleep ( crashing at 3 something a.m. takes it's toll on an old man). The rest is probably gonna have to stay at Big Dogs!! :suspicious:

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Ed's flop was on the same trail that it took me 3 times to get up last year. Its loose and has random holes and 2' rocks in it everywhere.

Bummer that weld broke Pat. I beat the piss out of that thing and never have an issue. Looks like the joint didn't work properly, got over extended and shoved the entire mount inward. Good luck with it.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Ed's flop was on the same trail that it took me 3 times to get up last year. Its loose and has random holes and 2' rocks in it everywhere.

Only difference is that it's significantly more dug out now...that 'rock' near the top that hung you up is now a rather imposing ledge. Billy and I tried it in his rig in the spring and only made it 3/4 before I had to haul the winch cable to get him over that section.

Bummer that weld broke Pat. I beat the piss out of that thing and never have an issue. Looks like the joint didn't work properly, got over extended and shoved the entire mount inward. Good luck with it.

POS radius arms :laughing:

I managed to take out the rear brakeline with that log that somehow got wedged in my rear suspension, dropped the retaining pins for the front passenger caliper (I really hate that Ford design...bolts, people, bolts not some rubber and metal 'shims'), and cracked my passenger knuckle. New pins sourced (and a spare set for the tool box), Reid knuckles ordered, and hitting up summit for fittings and an-3 lines to replace the brakeline.

--Ian

• Great pics Dee! For me it was the best Big Dogs ever! Can't wait till next year.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!