Any Interest? Rasuch Creek at Memorial Day

• I've had a suggestion for a Rausch Creek trip for Memorial Day weekend (Sunday and Monday, May 30 and 31).

Who would be interested in doing this? We really only need three jeeps at each level to be able to wheel there.

• They won't miss you if you don't show up for graduation...

I'm keep this in mind. I might be wrenching on a friends truck though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm sure whomever it is will understand your not showing up because you of the trail ride. :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Screw graduation...When i graduated last year, I sat for about 3 hours total while a bunch of idiots talked about our future and stuff. Meanwhile the girl behind me was blowing chunks from partying the night before. I say go on the trail ride!!!
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• i wish it were that easy, but when your parents fund your college education, it kind of means something to them as well... :spinrhead:

• Plus I already bought the very overpriced cap and gown and we already have plans for the day and reservations for dinner at night all set up. On a side note, can you believe for my parents to stay at a hotel for 2 nights, the bill will be almost $400???? Hotels in the area charge way too much and take advantage of graduation weekend :(

• They're in Christiana.....not quite in town...but apparently not far enough away. They didn't want a long drive the morning of graduation b/c they know traffic is going to be crazy on 95 with graduation and races in Dover that weekend. They'll probably show up at my house super bright and early, leave the car there, and then walk to the stadium to avoid the parking mess.

• Quote from "Icky"

Plus I already bought the very overpriced cap and gown and we already have plans for the day and reservations for dinner at night all set up. On a side note, can you believe for my parents to stay at a hotel for 2 nights, the bill will be almost $400???? Hotels in the area charge way too much and take advantage of graduation weekend :(

I should have had called my parrents. They live up the street from Penn Cater and probably would have rented a room at half the cost. :laughing:

• it was a big deal to my parents also. they showed up with my grandma and helped me pack (i had to move out of my apartment graduation day). i went early to wait in line and all that with the rest of my class mates. good thing some one rembered the flask!
    then we had a big reception for out program. it was neat to see everyone get together for one last time.

oh yeah- my program was like a big ol family. we all went out together, studied together, ect. so it was 50 of your freinds from the last 4 (5 in most of our case) years.

good luck chris and icky

• :soapbox: Let's get this back on track for the question at hand...

Is there anyone else interested in a Rausch Creek ride on the Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend?

At the M&G, i heard interest from Greg (jeepers) and Jon (Country), and I think Ken (Ken).

• I have to double check my work schedule but i might be able to make it on monday. Possibly sunday too i have to see if i can get someone to work. I will let you know
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'm interested. I've been having wheeling withdraws. Talked to Tom tonight he said we should be able to make it.

• I receive an e-mail response from Lynn at Rausch Creek. The park will be open for the weekend, and DeJA is welcome. There will be another group there (Maryland Crawlers, I think), but there's plenty of room.

I will post this ride on the calendar. At this point, I don't know if I will be able to attend, so we need someone to volunteer as trail leader and if you're cooking as a group, someone to coordinate food.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!