Trying to Reason with Hurrican Season

• I like your Buffett song reference Jodie. ;)

Yeah. I hope the beaches at Navy crossing can handle it. They seem to be pretty narrow the past year or so.

• Don't full around with it though. You might want to come inland if you think it will get too rough. Remember, strong weather like this HAS induced labor. Fortunately you're not near your due date.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yesterday afternoon emergency management call...wind 35-40MPH on the coast. Rough surf, rip currents and the possibility of some rain but the three national weather service locations didn't think there would be much at all with the current track.

I will update after today's call.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• after passing the obx storm will pull north west. some gusts of 35 mph overnight thur into fri along the coast. maybe a half inch of rain on the coast and minimal coastal flooding.

• My niece at Virginia Beach (a transplant from Colorado) will be experiencing her very first hurricane. She asked how to prepare for it. I told her to have the general stuff like bottled water, non-perishable food, flash lights, batteries, candles and matches....but also said if there is even a THOUGHT of evacuation to buy her train ticket and come up north with us.

Should be interesting.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• [li] Here is the latest from the 1130 DEMA call this morning.
      There is a hurricane watch from the Outer Banks of NC thru Cape Henlopen.
      Hurricane Earl is a Cat 3 Hurricane with 125 mph winds but should weaken to a Cat 2 by the time it passes Delaware
      We should feel the tropical force winds (35mph) along the coast Friday morning around 0700 and it should dissipate by late in the afternoon.
      Winds will drop off rapidly as you go inland.
      Not much of a rain event…1” along the coast and lower amounts inland.
      There will be some areas of higher winds and rain depending on the squalls
      When the storm has passed, the weekend weather looks GREAT![/li]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!