Moderate Lift to go with 33's

• After my [size=12px]hiatus from the jeep world I'm back and need some advice. Plan on running some 33's with the jeep to help keep my little baby D35 rear end happy. Any suggestions on what lift to run them with. Plan on hitting the trails and would like some decent performance out of the lift. [/size]
    Skyjacker has their 4" lift which is decently priced. Anyone had any personal use with this. If not, any other lift brand you all would recommend?

• Have you considered a budget boost (coil spacers and new shocks) combined with a body lift and motor mount lift? Costs a bit less, rides a little better and you can still run 33" tires although you'll probably need to remove the front bumper end caps.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]Ran that with my previous Jeep. I guess I should have mentioned that. But I'm looking to go a little more [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]aggressive[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] this time around. Don't get me wrong, I love the 2.5'"BB with a little body lift. It worked before, but I would like to go bigger and with more flex and such. [/size][/font]

• And random thread jack of my own thread but what are these stupid [size=78%] things? They have been showing up on all my posts.[/size]

• It's a weird bug with the forum post editor... but not everybody has it. what browser do you use?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• If you are going to spend $800 on Superlift, might as well spend another $100 and get RE. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_403_07.htm

• Google Chrome. And glad its just a bug and not something stupid I am doing on my end.

I'm seeing it on Chrome too when I use the WYSIWYG editor. Otherwise...no problems. It's must be browser specific.

• Oh. And for what you are asking, I think this is the best advise...until you go bigger. :suspicious:

Have you considered a budget boost (coil spacers and new shocks) combined with a body lift and motor mount lift? Costs a bit less, rides a little better and you can still run 33" tires although you'll probably need to remove the front bumper end caps.

• Oh. And for what you are asking, I think this is the best advise...until you go bigger. :suspicious:

33's + Budget Boost + BL + MML ------> 35's (and up) + Clayton LA FTW :innocent:

Don't waste your money on a SA lift. The full (proper) scope of it adds up quick and you will have gained very little over the Budget Boost setup...

• Sigh. So what I am getting is a go big or go home type of deal here. Sounds like a great idea but my checkbook doesn't really agree with it :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sigh. So what I am getting is a go big or go home type of deal here. Sounds like a great idea but my checkbook doesn't really agree with it :bang: :bang: :bang:

No, no, no. A budget boost and BL will let you do anything you want on a Jeep with 33's. I was just joking that sometimes it leads to more. Just saying, don't waste money on the interim phases of your build if you'll end up wanting more.

Search, "Solomi" on this site and you will see a 33" Jeep built like we're saying that does VERY well.

• get an Old Man Emu 2 in kit, it is more like 3 with the heavy load springs and will rig like a caddy and flex like crazy, put a 1.25 Body lift and you have a hell of a rig and can put a high clearance belly skid.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• get an Old Man Emu 2 in kit, it is more like 3 with the heavy load springs and will rig like a caddy and flex like crazy, put a 1.25 Body lift and you have a hell of a rig and can put a high clearance belly skid.

this is my recommendation. 2" OME and a 1" body lift, add on the control arms later if you want, same with front and rear track bars. IF I ever build another TJ/LJ I will be going with this setup and 33's

Like Billy said, absolutely not. Going into that short arm lift middle ground is wasting money because of all the costs of doing it properly versus just going to a long arm lift. There isn't much you can't do on a BB and 33's so why spend more if you don't need to? ;D Look at Solomi's pictures and then tell me a BB rig isn't capable. I ran many black trails at RC with mine on a BB as well. Others have also.

This has got to be one of the absolutely most common topics on Jeep boards. Is there something un-manly about a budget boost and guys think they need to spend a bunch more cash on a SA lift for it to be a "real" lift? I just don't understand it...

Budget Boost + Motor Mount Lift + 1.25" Body Lift + 4 decent shocks + 33's = Black trails at RC + Good looking rig + Still very streetable

The other upgrades like Currie steering, better skids, other armor don't care what lift you have and can be added as budget allows. I had a Clayton skidplate system before I ever installed the Long Arm. Just sayin'...

• honestly, I'll never do a long arm kit again. If I wanted to run 35's I'd do a complete short arm RE 3.5, with all arms and track bars, upgrade to a currie steering, lockers gears and I could do anything a long arm could do

I've learned my lesson

• honestly, I'll never do a long arm kit again. If I wanted to run 35's I'd do a complete short arm RE 3.5, with all arms and track bars, upgrade to a currie steering, lockers gears and I could do anything a long arm could do

I've learned my lesson

X2.

I don't really understand the SA haters.

My 3.5 rides great on the street and I could clear 35's if I chose.

• Not sure about short arm haters. There is absolutely no reason to go long arm for 33's. My short arm with 33's handled awesome but with 35's and a little more lift, I noticed a definite improvement in performance both on and off road when I transitioned from SA to LA. I guess it's a matter of opinion but I would never go back.

• I agree keith. I've been playing with my rig trying to decide what I want to do and I'm leaning towards lowering mine down to some 2.5" ome springs and a 1" body on 35's. There just doesn't seem to be much to be gained from an off the shelf long arm kit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!