Jeep YJ Build Up

• yeh the 2"ram is a little slow when i talked with psc they recomened switching to a 1.5",but you loose power. thats the trade off. going full hydro this winter anyways.

aaron

• well ill have to give PSC a call, i like the idea of having a remote reservoir to hold more fluid, i have noticed when the fluid gets really hot its boils out of the power steering reservoir. its only happened once last week but it didn’t today. i do have a cooler and a fan on it so its keeping it cool most of the time. I’m sure this will be the first and last run till snow up here. i have to get the doors on it and bring it up to get a top made for it, then i have a shop to work on it this winter, to make new shock mounts, bump stops, limit straps, mount a spare tire, and work through the bugs for the spring. i was thinking of doing some motor work and adding some new rocker arms and maybe a more aggressive cam.

also for anyone thinking of running home made bead locks or large tires for that matter the airsoft BB's work so great balancing the tires. They are the smoothest i have EVER had on the jeep.
    Cj-

• Well it has been awhile and I have been slacking off a good bit. But moving forward I found a shop to work in with a large compressor and a hook up for my welder. The owner of the shop let me build a work bench and I have acquired some more tools. Its not much but it gets me out of the cold.
    So plans for winter/ spring:

• Hoop shock mounts for long travel shocks in the front and rear
    • Reshape the frame tie ins
    • Some kind of tire carrier
    • High lift mount
    • Rework onboard air

So more to come for the upcoming wheeling season

Cj-

• [size=3]Today started by removing the right fender, I will be moving the battery’s and some fuse blocks inside the cab with a dual battery mount. Also removed the heating system because I wanted to do the blazer blower motor upgrade and wanted to find out why the heating system was making so much noise while running. The noise was leaves inside, but the blazer motor went right in and bolted up, I will be widening the hold in the firewall later this week and get it all back in. [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]All out[/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]Dirty, like it’s in a jeep or something[/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]New vs. old motor [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]Cj-[/size]

• Its spring break and I’m at it again

Here’s the weeks plan:
    New front shock hoops
    New rear shock bar
    New bilstein 5150’s
    Dual battery set up
    Build tire carrier to distribute weight towards rear

Today, checked brakes and removed tires and got everything set up

New parts

• guessing the blazer motor works with yjs as well? and what year blazer?

• Here is an old post from the JU CJ forum:

I've been doing a bit of research on this the past couple days. Here's a list of part numbers I ran across on the net:
    Vendor Part #
    ACI 33892
    Everco M892
    Murray 208971
    4 Seasons 35587
    Siemens PM102E (This is the maker of the motor)
    Napa 455-1039
    Factory Air 35587
    Kragen/Parts America 35587
    YJ replacement PM102E

Someone mentioned above about having to make a 1/4" spacer due to the motor not fitting correctly. (that was me) Apparently there's another motor out there that looks identical, except it's slightly deeper and will create this problem. It appears the part number to that motor is PM105 (see Siemens and YJ replacement in the list above). It's best to steer clear of this motor. It will work, but it won't fit properly and you'll have to create that 1/4" spacer. I did some checking online through a couple parts warehouses. Here are the prices I found: partsamerica.com: $20.99/heater core is $36.99 Napaonline: $19.99/heater core is $59.99 AutoZone.com: $20.99/heater core is $33.99 Here's a great site I stumbled across that provides awesome links for all sorts of information/upgrades, etc. http://www.geocities.com/cantwait_fo...ex.html#blower

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• guessing the blazer motor works with yjs as well? and what year blazer?

It works with CJ's and YJ's
    Auto zone part number: Part # PM102 out of a Chevy pickup, GM pickup, Blazer, or Jimmy should work from '71 to '76. I think its the same part number for a 90 YJ but not sure.
    Cj-
    http://www.jeeptech.com/body/heater.html

• Today I cut off the stock shock towers and welded the new hoops on. Gained 4.5 inches of shock travel. Tomorrow I will start the spare tire carrier and then the electronics.

Cj-

• [size=3]Today’s progress. Everything went well except the studs provided for the tire plate I bought were huge and did not fit the rim. So that’s where I left off. I will paint it tomorrow and then start the wiring. I stood on the tire carrier and swung around with no issue. I’m very pleased with the heavy duty Comp4x4 tire carrier hinge. [/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]Cj-[/size]

• Today’s progress, cleaned up the shop and put the spare rim on the carrier to take a look. Next week: rust removal, shock measuring and then order new ones, find a pit-bull spare tire, fluids, and finish electronics system.

More to come
    Cj-

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!