J-Mans cheap xj build

• Jason, will that thing fit on your trailer as it sits?

I think it will. If not I will be modifying the trailer as well.

:up: Shes tall! But bad ass nontheless. .

yea,I designed it for bigger tires. Im gonna go ahead beat on the rts for a little bit. They probably suck anyway, Ive read mixed reviews.

Planning to make it street legal or just a trail rig?

I dont think there will be much blacktop for this one. Maybe one day far far away

I am thinking that the height could possibly be an issue :suspicious: were doing it anyway. :mrgreen:
    I feel it being full width it should be fine.

Working on getting the lights done and get the sliders on next.

• Jason if you ever need an extra hand I have no problem coming over and learning. I just want to learn.. LOL

Its looking real nice man! :up:

• Well got a little more done this weekend. :beer: Cut down all the runflats in the h1s

except the spare :suspicious: we'll worry about that later.

Also installed the sliders and tcase skid

I guess you cant really see the tcase skid, but thats not a bad thing. Its coming along pretty good. I should be ready in plenty of time for BD.

I have read that the magnesium that the runflats are made of go nice in the campfire :fueltofire:

• looks good man, i have a set of milltary MT's that im going to run on the street, i was gonna get some steeles for them but not i think im gonna look for the bead locks.. we will be wheeling soon.

keep up the good work

Cj-

• I have the older military tires. Im not sure how they would ride. Slopar on here said they sound like a freight train going down the road.
    I did jazz them up a little with the old trusty chainsaw :suspicious:

Before

After

took me about 15 min. for all 4 :beer:

• I did jazz them up a little with the old trusty chainsaw :suspicious:

Laura sent me a message saying that you were outside cutting up your tires with a chainsaw. Sounded like she thought you were insane. I was laughing my ass off. :hysterical:

• I have read that the magnesium that the runflats are made of go nice in the campfire :fueltofire:

BBD brought a box full of chunks of it to GWNF one year.

There are pics of us all sitting around the campfire wearing sunglasses. 8)

The moths loved it too, they were dive bombing into the fire.

• Well I finally did something with the beater. I was going to jump on installing hydro assist but I got to thinking I needed to finish the rear first. When I slapped the rear in I just pulled the springs apart and mounted them to the superduty spring perches. Well lets just say the bushings got a little f"up. So I moved the perches in where they should have been from the beginning and made some shock mounts while I was at it.

hopefully next week I can get started on my steering

• How effective are the shocks being that far inboard?

Or is that not really a concern of yours?

• How effective are the shocks being that far inboard?

Or is that not really a concern of yours?

Well they are the shocks off my old 6" lift so there a little short. It's mostly an experiment to see if it helps with some wheel hop im getting. Its a little springy needless to say

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!