• i have a 95 yj and as many of you may know of its one of those things where anything that can go wrong does go wrong. i need to re wire my dash thiers cords everywhere my speedoetor doesnt work my tacs lighhts dont work SOMEONE HELP PLEASE text if you can rewire it for me or help 302 853 5743 thanks

• What makes you think you need a re-wire? Just Asking? My old YJ did the same exact thing and all I had to do was replace the cluster. They are known for corroding inside the printed circuit on the back.

Edit: Just read it again and deciphered the hacked wiring part. Still the above and you should be able to find where they once went and maybe not have to spend more than you need.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Edited once, last by Sahara54 ().

• I HAVE NO SENCE IN WIRING ANYTHING LIKE I HAVE NO CLUE ON WHAT 2 DO WITH IT. sorry for the caps. but ya i have no idea whats wrong where and i have so many hanging black cords and idk waht goes to what

• ya well a guy im in the fire dept with was spose to come and help me out but he is mr do everything else then help me kinda guy. im offering to spend moeny on someone to rewire it for me. its just a pain int eh arse. i just get sick of trying to teach my self to drive manual and having wires hitting my legs. because the previous owner of this jeep sounded like a damn crack head he sounded like boomheour from king of the hill. he was a idiot. just someone anyone out thier help a fellow jeester out.

• http://www.scribd.com/doc/5115…95-YJ-FSM-Wiring-Diagrams

Here's a copy of the FSM wiring diagram. Your gonna have to get your hands dirty a bit.

First thing, I would do is find any and all wires the the PO had for random lights, dixie horn or other non essential stuff and eliminate them. You prob wont have much to fix after the BS is removed and you may only have to replace a few pig tails once you get to a real problem. I know Fitzgeralds has a few YJ's just chilling in the yard there, cut what you need and correctly splice in. If I had some free time I'd swing down to look it over but I'm booked solid with work and family till Mid July.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

• alritey thanks for the help. any other good info anyone could give me? things to buythat will help me ? like arent thier little odds and ends you can buy to connect the 2 seperate cords instead of just twisting them to gether?? and thank sahara

• You can use the crimp connectors but the best way is to solder the connection but with both always use heat shrink to protect the wires.

Here's a list of basic wiring tools:

Good pair of Crimpers
    Wire cutters ( the ones on the crimpers usually suck)
    Voltmeter and/or Test light
    Heat shrink tubing
    Quick connectors

I also forgot in the previous post, dont cut what you dont know and when you do know, re-check. Wiring is easy when you break it down and look at it piece by piece.

Good Luck

• You can use the crimp connectors but the best way is to solder the connection but with both always use heat shrink to protect the wires.

Here's a list of basic wiring tools:

Good pair of Crimpers
    Wire cutters ( the ones on the crimpers usually suck)

These are excellent crimpers and the cutter is awesome too.

For stripping wires get a pair of these:

You will spend a few bucks but will have them forever.

• X2 on Keith's post. I used to have a pair till someone decided I didn't need them as bad as they did.

• I have a dash cluster and a dash wiring harness from a '95, 6 cly. It is from wrecked Jeep I disassembled. PM me if you need parts or want to buy the harness and guages.

Aaron

• so i spent $60 bucks on re wiring stuff i bought

wire cutters/crimpers/ wire strippers
    multimeter tester
    heat shrink tubing
    bullet connectors
    zip ties
    6 diff clored electrical tape.

i will start in a week or so hopefully all will go well

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!