i hate DMV inspections

• nothing like throwing a code when your about to get scanned at DMV! :censored: :cuss: :censored: :upset:

misfire cyl 2. the guy literally picked up the cable and i watched the check engine light pop on. nothing like waiting on a wed night for nothing. cleared the code did not get anything last night or this morning. hopefully it was just a fluke.

going to clean the grounds check plugs wires and injectors. never know with the new to me motor. new plugs but old wires and distributor i may just replace all

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• § 4339. Color of clearance lamps, side marker lamps, backup lamps and reflectors.
    (a) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display and reflect an amber color.
    (b) Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display and reflect a red color.
    (c) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stoplight or other signal device, which may be red, amber or yellow, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white or amber.
    21 Del. C. 1953, § 4339; 50 Del. Laws, c. 292, § 1; 77 Del. Laws, c. 263, §§ 1, 2.;

but then they say

§ 4348. Additional lighting equipment.
    (a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 2 side cowl or fender lamps which shall emit an amber or white light without glare.
    (b) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 1 running board courtesy lamp on each side thereof which shall emit a white or amber light without glare.
    (c) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 2 backup lamps either separately or in combination with other lamps, but any such backup lamp shall not be lighted when the motor vehicle is in forward motion.
    (d)(1) Any vehicle may be equipped with lamps which may be used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing and when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required by this subchapter.
    (2)a. The lamps used to display such warning to the front shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall display simultaneously flashing white or amber lights, or any shade of color between white and amber.

I think the 4339(a) section about 'reflecting an amber color' probably disallows them, I dunno...IANAL. Your mileage probably would vary depending on who the inspector is. I've had d1cks who made me put the top up in my convertible to see if the front windows were tinted, I had to rip the tint off right there to pass and then when I got the Jeep inspected last time I shoulda failed on 3 or 4 different things and the guy was cool as hell and passed me. I would just put the other ones back in, get it inspected and swap them back to be done with it.

• What Geoff said.

I've learned over the years to anticipate it and try to avoid the hassle and just try to address anything that could be an issue beforehand. Jen's just went through in g-town and I added rear reflectors, rear sidemarkers, and swapped the clear front lights for amber stockers...even then the guy commented that he was going to "let her go" but that she needed rear side reflectors as well. Never gotten called on that one before but I'll be sure to note it for the future...

--Ian

• the light thing is funny my sister took her wrangler through with no third brake light for the last 10 years she gave the jeep to my mom and she just took it through last year and they failed her for the 3rd brake light.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• The lenses do not have to be amber, but you must have an amber reflector on the front corners. I bought a pair of amber reflectors at walmart for $1 and went right thru with clear lenses.

• Keith... can you explain that more please?!?!?

A separate amber reflector replaces the need for the lens to be reflective amber. I do the same thing for my LED's in the rear because they aren't reflective. A $1.50 reflector set from Pep Boys does the trick. I'm feeling kind of ripped off if Keith only paid a dollar for his. :(

• ok so went back through this morning although i hate DMV. this morning was hot girl morning :spinrhead:

• the light thing is funny my sister took her wrangler through with no third brake light for the last 10 years she gave the jeep to my mom and she just took it through last year and they failed her for the 3rd brake light.

My old YJ was the same thing, I bought it without one from Pa. Went through 2 times then on the 3rd they gave me hell. I mounted one to my spare tire carrier, they said it wasn't big enough, bought the largest red light I could find, like 8" around. Then they said it wasn't permanently attached....It was bolted down how much more permanent did they need. I finally made a bracket inside and hung it in the window, same guy passed it, handed me the paper and I ripped it off the rollbar and threw it on the ground. Mounted a TJ 3rd the next week for like 10 buck off ebay.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!