1997 TJ for Sale...

• Gang... we bought a trail rig several months ago. We've only owned it since June and have sunk some money into it in getting it up and running nicely. Time to take a step backward on this as we feel it's too much jeep for us.
    So... up for sale is this 1997 TJ Wrangler. See all the information below. Ask questions. PRICE LOWERED.

Engine: 4.0L Inline 6 with oil pan skid plate
    Trans: 5 speed AX15
    T-case: NP231 selectable (2H, 4H, N, 4L)
    Front axle: Dana 30 with 3.07 gearing and 4xDoctor Skid Plate
    Rear axle: Dana 35 with 3.07 gearing
    Lift kit: 2" Teraflex springs
    Shocks: Skyjacker Hydro shocks
    Stabilizer: Old Man Emu Upgraded Heavy Duty Steering Stabilizer
    Exhaust: dB cat back exhaust by Corsa
    Wheels: 4 - 15x8" Mickey Thompson Classic II's
    Tires: 4 - 33x12.50x15" BFG Mud Terrains
    Front bumper: Quadratec Edition ARB Stubby winch mount
    Winch: Smittybilt XRC-8 with synthetic line with special Poly rollers
    Fog Lights: Hella Rallye 4000's with 55 watt VVME 4300K HID's
    Front headlights: Hella E-code housings, bi-xenon 35 watt VVME 4300K HID's
    Rock lights: LED's
    Rear Aux lighting: KC HiLites 55 watt rear facing lights
    Rear bumper: Smittybilt Classic Rear Bumper with hitch (not tow rated)
    Intake: ARB Safari Snorkel with hi-flow filter
    Tops: Bestop Sailcloth Replace-a-top
    Seats: Vinyl Bestop Trailmax Thermal heated seats!
    Mirrors: Bestop Highrock 4x4 03-06 Style
    CB Radio: Uniden 520XL with PA system!, 6' Firestik antenna on tough spring
    Rockers: Tough Stuff Rocker protectors
    Hi-Lift: Warrior Products Hood Hinge Mounted Hi-Lift mount with Hi-Lift Jack & Daystar poly isolator
    Floor Protection: Front Quadratec All Weather Floor Liners
    System: Sony GT-430iP head unit (Direct iPod, iPhone hookup and front aux. as well)

Issues:
    1. Trans grinds sometimes when going into 1st and 3rd. It seems to be a Syncro issue.
    2. Service engine light is on - Mechanic says the O2 sensor is acting up.

Looking to get $4800.00 for it. I have a couple of other pics I can share if you want to see them. The jeep is in Newark.
    Let me know what else you may want to know about it!

Change in price... $4500 OBO.

Thanks,
    Steve
    C - 302.540.5771

• Alrighty then...let's try this again.

Split off the track bar and off topic discussion again.

Let's keep the posts on topic and let Steve sell his Jeep. :wavey:

• The reason most of us are on this forum is because we already own a jeep, so it's not surprising that you have not heard anything from here.
    I would try posting it on Rausch Creek, Maybe JeepsUnlimited and a couple other websites.

I would eliminate your initial paragraph, eliminate those wires, install a new passenger front marker and just list the jeep with it's components and new picture.

Good Luck

• The reason most of us are on this forum is because we already own a jeep, so it's not surprising that you have not heard anything from here.
    I would try posting it on Rausch Creek, Maybe JeepsUnlimited and a couple other websites.

that is not true
    Many many jeeps get sold through this site, either bought by member (i sold my XJ in to a member with quite a few jeeps) or sold through people recommending it to their friends, i know for a fact that whenever I’m in my jeep and get approached by people one of the questions that normally comes up is if i know anyone with a nice wrangler for sale (because they either owned one in the past or have always wanted one). someone is always looking for an upgrade or to down grade.

I have bought from Steve, (Dewbers) in the past and he was always honest with me, hopefully you sell it, good luck.
    Cj-

• I would think if we did a survey you would find that the reason people are on this forum is because they own a jeep.
    While some people have bought additional, upgraded or downgraded
    I would also think that is the exception and not the norm.

• What's the mileage?

When you said you put a lot of money in to "getting it up and running nicely" is that because it was in bad shape when you bought it?

Last, did a mechanic give you a price to fix the issues you listed with the engine light and the trans slip? I personally don't know enough to know what that would cost?

• If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• im interested and would like to take it for a drive. when is a good time?

get back to me on my cell at 753 4175 i dont check here alot.

thanks

Cheers

Sean

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!