Trip Report & Pics: DEJA Ride @ RC 11/26/2011

• A few vids of new DEJA Member Mskillen:

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

[youtube]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

• [youtube]

[/youtube]

• Some more stuff from the trip, sorry there not that long.
    [youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

Added embed code. - KC

http://youtu.be/2T2kUIm_smE
    http://youtu.be/XHDANE_mRW0
    http://youtu.be/o6Uxa6TFoCE
    http://youtu.be/9Hnx_ltxSXQ

• Just wanted to thank Jerry (Whateveh) for leading our green/blue group yesterday.

It was my first time to RC and that was awesome.

I'll post some pics/videos soon, fam needs some QT today.

Was wondering what I should do for my Jeep next and thought I'd have some answers after going to RC. I got it, good SKID PLATES.

Joe

• Got home fine, and if anything the old YJ liked the extra inch of wheelbase :laughing: . Great Day!! We had a pretty big group, 9 Jeeps, and Mark (Mskillin) was the only one who hadn't ridden at RC. It was pretty evident after the first little trail to get to "C" that he was gonna be fine with Blue/Black. We ran "C" to the "CV trail" (Blue) and cut off to "Walk in the Park" (Black with Reds for Sal). After Sal put a hole in his oil pan, which was not enough to stop him, we headed to "O" where some of us did the Black loops and my passenger side rear leaf spring decided to allow the axle to shift about 3 inches back. We pulled it forward with Matt's winch but it moved back to where it wanted to be so I ran it that way (don't argue with your Jeep). We headed for the South Property ran "25" and then "22". J-Man took his Tall XJ through Lake Christy and considering the water was past the bottom of his doors no one else cared to try. I was thinking about wimping out so Jason and Geoff lead the group to "Camel Back"(Black) on the way to "Snake Bite" (Blue/Black then Black). On second thought I followed! All good till J-Man cut a tire. By now it was time to head back anyway. Looking forward to the next ride!!!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• The Green/Blues crew did well, I was the only one who got stuck. :) And I had lockers! Our group was me with a JK, cut.it.out and gap050 with TJs, PainProphet with a LJ and 89Renegade with a YJ. Thanks to gap050 for riding tail gunner!

This was the first time offroading my new JK and we had a first-time driver with us so the plan was to keep it safe and easy. Left via the comp course to pick up the 1a trail, met Daddanlena at the gully and watched him attempt and finally make it. We ran 1a to Pole Line, then up to pick up 1b. Ran that and picked up 2 by the Frog Hole which sadly PainProphet decided not to attempt. We all made it over the big hill (got a couple pics) and ran the trail to B to pick up 1 again. Ran that back to the Frog Hole to pick up the rest of 2. I chickened out at the water hole by the Pole Line but we ran 2 all around Crawlers Ridge. I got stuck attempting a spot I shouldn't have, but using a strap from 92Renegade, cut.it.out gave me a tug to free me. After lunch we took B to E to the 101 trail. The only truly green trail we ran! :) We went down the steep hill to the Power Line (wow, 4:1 low is awesome for steep descents) and posed for a quick picture before sliding down the rest of the Power Line trail. Took a shortcut over to 11 and ran that down to 14. 14 was a little more challenging than when I last ran it due to the streams washing out sections. I played with the lockers to crawl through two spots including straddling the ditch in the middle of the trail. After that we started making our way back to the office via 11, H, Tower Rd, Pole Line and B.

rest of the pics here: http://www.delawareja.com/foru…n=gallery&g2_itemId=36867

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• We ran "C" to the "CV trail" (Blue) and cut off to "Walk in the Park" (Black with Reds for Sal). After Sal put a hole in his oil pan, which was not enough to stop him, we headed to "O" where some of us did the Black loops and my passenger side rear leaf spring decided to allow the axle to shift about 3 inches back. We pulled it forward with Matt's winch but it moved back to where it wanted to be so I ran it that way (don't argue with your Jeep). We headed for the South Property ran "25" and then "22". J-Man took his Tall XJ through Lake Christy and considering the water was past the bottom of his doors no one else cared to try. I was thinking about wimping out so Jason and Geoff lead the group to "Camel Back"(Black) on the way to "Snake Bite" (Blue/Black then Black).

Here's the map of what we ran.

[url=https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?viz=MAP&q=select+col0,+col1,+col2,+col3+from+2283132+&h=false&lat=40.596096&lng=-76.466108&z=15&t=1&l=col2]https://www.google.com/fusiont…76.466108&z=15&t=1&l=col2[/url]

edit...more stats:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!