My LED Conversion: Dash, Turn Signals, Dome Lights, Shift Indicators, etc.

• I decided to replace as many bulbs as I could with LED's on the interior of my ZJ. I purchased them from VLEDs. The following are used...

Blue LED's:

White LED's:

And the dome lights are white as well - I'll add a photo later.

Green LED's: Turn Signals (Forgot to take a photo, will add later)

Video here - shot with my cell, though, at 800 iso, so pardon the huge amount of graininess!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• How did you know the brightness to get? I wouldn't mind getting some green ones but want to make sure they'll be bright enough.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• These are the ones I have in mine. They look great and aren't too bright. Now don't be like me and put one in the high beam indicator. Now with my high beams on, it looks like I'm part of the blue man group.

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior…E-WEDGE-p6298444-1-2.html

Slight Hijack: Anyone know the part number for the factory high beam light, it was a smaller bulb than that #161 that I removed. I would love to use my highs again instead of looking into a fision reation every time.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Edited once, last by Sahara54 ().

• all you need to do is order the correct replacement LEDs for the application bulb number. i've never seen anything about brightness when ordering LEDs just color.... now if you were talking about HID headlamps i could tell you that 4300 is pure white 3000 is amber and 5000 has slight hint of blue and won't kill oncoming traffic :mrgreen:

i converted all my dash lights on my old TJ over to white before i sold it... was much better than the greenish blue soft halogen color combination

• all you need to do is order the correct replacement LEDs for the application bulb number. i've never seen anything about brightness when ordering LEDs just color.... now if you were talking about HID headlamps i could tell you that 4300 is pure white 3000 is amber and 5000 has slight hint of blue and won't kill oncoming traffic :mrgreen:

i converted all my dash lights on my old TJ over to white before i sold it... was much better than the greenish blue soft halogen color combination

I agree on the temperature descriptions, but "much better than the greenish blue soft halogen color combination" is pure opinion. ;)

• I agree on the temperature descriptions, but "much better than the greenish blue soft halogen color combination" is pure opinion. ;)

Do you have some latest pics of your led lights?

• Glad he chose this thread though because I am interested in LEDs for my dash. ha ha...

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!