WTB warn 8274

• Yep , the Holy grail of winches... not likely you will find one here. Hell for the price you will pay for a used one (~$800) , you can buy a really good Warn / Ramsey winch. Just sayin

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Kinda curious why u think someone would have a 2000 dollar winch laying around lol. And second why do u need one lol

• X2 :popcorn:

just becasue you dont have one does not mean someone just joining or someone who needs some cash doesnt want to sell one, half the time stuff on here coms from a guy that knows a guy that has the part needed...
    they are great winches, I have looked up here in vermont for awhile and normally just find old M-8000's that the farmers use. But i know ill find one. I saw one on a Cj last week.
    Cj-

• The warn 8274 may be the Holy Grail of winch finds, but for 99.9% of winch users out there are many other great winches out there.
    Many have better specifications too. Besides line speed and 150 ft vs 100ft. I really see no need for 150 ft of cable since a tow strap could make up the extra 50 feet pretty easily. Any good Warn or Ramsey will pretty much last a lifetime. I think the 8274 are typically so sought after, that good deals on them are very few and far between.. Typically $500 or so used plus thats probably 20+ years old and may need a $$$ rebuild.

IMHO, build your jeep with good axles and lockers before you sink money into a winch. Winches are simply part of your recovery gear. Any trail rides you go on , there will be plenty of Jeeps with Winches to help. A lockers will give you a far better wheeling experience.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• i have 4 of the 8274's[not selling any of them]1 on my cj5,cj8 and one on my car trailer.[ have one in the shed that is one of the 1st ones built] i have had a couple different winches over the years.i wouldn't trade 1 for anything.just my 2 cents worth.

• i have 4 of the 8274's[not selling any of them]1 on my cj5,cj8 and one on my car trailer.[ have one in the shed that is one of the 1st ones built] i have had a couple different winches over the years.i wouldn't trade 1 for anything.just my 2 cents worth.

Do doubt, there is no debate that people who have them love them, Think the point is really "Are they worth paying a super premium price for a used one vs any other high end witch out there ?" Since they are pretty rare to find, they tend to fetch very high prices used.

I just checked,, you cant even find a used one on ebay right now.

• New, the 8274 runs $1700 shipped with cable. Factor in the occasional discount coupon and a Jeeper might get one for $100-$200 less.

For perspective, the PowerPlant is $1560 new, the 9.5ti is $1070, the 9500xp is $1200, and the 9.0Rc will set you back over $1400 before rope! Sure the 8274 is eclectic and hard to come by, but customizing your Jeep is half the fun. Would I buy one new? Nope. If I found a food deal on a new one? You bet.

Also, IMHO as well, I'd get the winch first and then build the Jeep. I built my Jeep first and quickly found myself in a situation where I was ready to do about 4 reverse endos down a climb at RC - thankfully BlueJ was able to manuever his Jeep to the top of the climb and toss his cable down to save my skin. A winch will never necessitate lift/gears/tires, but the reverse will more often than not. (thanks, Andrew!)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!