***Spring Fling & May Meeting - Saturday May 19, 2012***

• It's that time of year again!!!

Spring Fling at Killen's Pond on Saturday May 19, 2012. Pavillion #1

Please post here as to how many are going to be in your party and what individual dish/dessert/supplies you are bringing. I'll keep a master list in this first page. :mrgreen:

Bring your own beverages - beer is OK- which must stay in the pavilion.

We usually begin arriving about 10am to start setting up things. We will plan on eating about 12 noon as usual. Everyone is welcome to come and go as they wish, but if you want to eat, plan accordingly. Obviously, for games and such, the more the merrier. In the past, the event has gone until around 5pm or later.

We will be having the meeting around 1pm.

Dogs are allowed on a leash but they must be well behaved and keep in mind that there are going to be kids running around and food everywhere.

Killens Pond State Park
    5025 Killens Pond Road
    Felton, DE 19943
    (302) 284-4526

Daily State Park Pass fees payable at entrance. You can also get your annual pass at the office before entering.
    If you have an annual pass, or a valid surf fishing tag, it will get you into any DE state park.
    ** You can now buy annual passes online here https://egov.dnrec.delaware.go…=ParksAndRecreationPasses

THE CLUB WILL SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: Hamburgers and Hot Dogs and Rolls for both
    Condiments, Salt/Pepper , Sliced cheese
    Paper Towels, Napkins, Paper Plates, Utensils
    Foil for the grill

Hope to see you all there.

Jen & Ian w/Mo - Brownies
    Whatevah - apple pie
    joelove +3 - pasta salad
    Grningbear +3 - fruit bowl & a dessert
    cj8 - chips & fritos

Married to a man that is both slow _and_ stupid...

Edited once, last by jc1121 ().

• Who is planning on attending? It's a busy weekend for everyone including the BOD so if there isn't enough interest, we'll just call it off this year.

There has been discussions in previous years about changing/cancelling the Spring Fling in favor of some other events. Could this be the year to tip us over the edge? :shrug:

• Who is planning on attending? It's a busy weekend for everyone including the BOD so if there isn't enough interest, we'll just call it off this year.

There has been discussions in previous years about changing/cancelling the Spring Fling in favor of some other events. Could this be the year to tip us over the edge? :shrug:

Last years turn out wasnt to great. What other events were being considered?

• I'm going to say it....Keith was right. :roflmao:

It's a waste of money for the amount of people that have been turning up. Usually by now we have at least a couple RSVP's.

When some of the BOD doesn't even want to go anymore then it's time to throw in the towel.

Married to a man that is both slow _and_ stupid...

Edited once, last by jc1121 ().

I'm going to say it....Keith was right. :roflmao:

It's a waste of money for the amount of people that have been turning up. Usually by now we have at least a couple RSVP's.

When some of the BOD doesn't even want to go anymore then it's time to throw in the towel.

I don't really take any joy in being right on this one.

I have some pretty fond memories of Spring Flings past.

But, nothing lasts forever and people & times change.

Trying to hold on to the past just for the sake of nostalgia is futile.

I think there is a $30 cancellation fee, so if you do decide to cancel it, the Club would only be out that.

You'd actually save a lot of money in the long run.

• We will be out the $100 because it's within 30 days but I'd rather be out that then $300-$400 total if only 10 people show up.

• Lets not be so quick to shut things down... the post isn't even a week old yet.

I'm in, bringing an apple pie.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• This is the same weekend as the Scottish Games in Fair Hill... We will be at the Games, we work that every year.

I say it every year and I will say it again.... A different weekend would be better.

It used to be held the first weekend in May but then when attendance first started dwindling in '09 we held a poll and I believe from then on it's been the 2nd or 3rd weekend.

The warmer months make it harder to pick dates. We cannot accomodate everyone when planning things like this. :shrug:

If we don't even have enough for a quorum then there's no point in having the event.

• cool things that i CANT do on May 19...
    Spring Fling
    KOH East Coast Qualifier
    RC Trail Cutting
    Armed Forces Day Event

what i get to do on May 19...
    go to a wedding for my gf's friend

i think this is the most popular day of the year for things to do. and btw, the marriage probably wont last.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!