Cape Henlopen Surf Fishing

• Yeah ask how my brother and cousin found that out.. O_o;

The F&W officer informed them that if they were "actively fishing" that they could stay out on the beach. Unfortunately for them they had their poles/lines out of the water and were napping in their hammocks that they had strung up between their Jeep's roll bars. They had also run out of bait a few hours previous to the officer showing up so that didn't help their case any either. The fine was like $100 or so.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I saw a ranger give tickets to a group of 3 trucks once, these guys were partying it up and the ranger had then reel in their lines to find they only had a weight tied on, not even a hook or bait. I don't know what the fines were and how many citations they got, but by the looks on thier faces and attitude, it was pretty bad.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• actively fishing thats a joke , went surf fishing there and at indian river about 20 times last year and only caught 1 shark and 2 blowfish and no one else caught anything worth mentioning

• actively fishing thats a joke , went surf fishing there and at indian river about 20 times last year and only caught 1 shark and 2 blowfish and no one else caught anything worth mentioning

Could be that you just suck at surf fishing? :beer: Hard to believe that you went 20 times, were actually trying to catch anything, and still got nothing of note. Most folks that want to catch fish are going to make some changes into where they go or how they fish after maybe trip 5 or so. Just sayin'...

And may I add, I suck at surf fishing. But at least I am smart enough to put bait on the hook when I put it in the water. Lol You have to know they are at least going to check that, and if you have actual bait in your cooler. :doh:

"Actively Fishing" does not mean actively catching fish. If that was the case then almost no one would be allowed on the beach. It's called fishing not catching. You should stop watching Bassmasters where they're hooking fish on every cast. You know that is edited video right?!?

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'm usually looking for a relaxing day on the beach where I don't have to carry tons of crap out. I always find what I'm looking for. Actually CATCHING fish would just be icing on the cake.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!