"best" jeep dealerships (unlimited JK)

• The devil on my shoulder keeps egging me to trade in my 2008 FJ Cruiser, on a new Unlimited Wrangler.......

I will only do this if the financial tradeoff is not too steep, as i only have about a year left on the FJ Payment, and getting into another 400+ a month payment is a really good reason NOT to make the plunge...because i do enjoy my FJ, but miss the 5 jeeps i have had...

I bought my FJ from Price Toyota who is linked with Newark Toyota and have been spoiled by having a great dealership to work with...from buying, to service..they have been top notch...i want to find the same in a Jeep Dealership.... Newark toyota was good when i bought my 03...but at the time i was using my grandfather's "family" discount so they had to treat me good....

distance does not matter for good sales/support...opinions please...

also to the Unlimited owners....any suggestions... this will be a family vehicle, that might get a mild lift, and not much more than a green/blue at rausch... (my FJ has a 3 inch lift with 33's and has been perfect....

• bought my JK from Newark Jeep, even though I was using the employee discount, they worked hard for me. Dealt with Chris Smith in the web sales department. Only had it in for free oil changes so far, some of the service writers are ok, but one of the younger ones yelled at me for denting one of the control arm brackets, saying that Jeep could void the warranty. *sigh* The rest of the guys there seem to be cool.

Of course, Adam's Jeep has a good inventory and is mod-friendly.

If you're serious about buying a new JK, look into the Treadlightly discount program... saves a lot of hassle trying to haggle the price. If you're going to order a Jeep, it'll be a 2013 model, otherwise you'll be getting a 2012 off the lots. I haven't seen any big changes to the 2013s, couple new paint colors, Alpine stereo system option, new wheels, auto-dim mirror with map lights and a new horn.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• So why not keep it?

it's an option..would like a little more rear foot room for the kid, and removable top/doors....that's the "jeep thing" part i miss most...)
    my other option is wait a year, and buy another TJ as a weekend toy

• I've bought from both Newark and Smyrna and was satisfied with both dealers. Carman on rt.1 left me with a very bad taste fit salesmen thought, I'll never go back there again.

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• it's an option..would like a little more rear foot room for the kid, and removable top/doors....that's the "jeep thing" part i miss most...)
    my other option is wait a year, and buy another TJ as a weekend toy

I would never ever buy another Jeep with the intention of using it as a DD. Save your cash, keep the FJ as your get-around rig, and buy a cheap TJ for playing. I wish I had done that from the start...

• I would never ever buy another Jeep with the intention of using it as a DD. Save your cash, keep the FJ as your get-around rig, and buy a cheap TJ for playing. I wish I had done that from the start...

I daily drive both of my Jeeps and wouldn't trade them for the world. I can honestly say I'll never drive anything else. :shrug:

• I daily drive both of my Jeeps and wouldn't trade them for the world. I can honestly say I'll never drive anything else. :shrug:

Yeah, I know, but it really is personal preference. Blasphemy: I do love my Jeep, but I have always thought it's quality level and reliability was substandard compared to something like a Toyota, which I have owned several. Even with the complexity issues taken into account. And if anything, the JK's seem even worse than the TJ's... That's isn't to say people don't love them, I just don't have the same outlook on Jeep as many folks here have. I think they are a great play vehicle, but that's about it.

• ive owned 17 vehicles...5 of them being jeeps (1 CJ, 4 YJ's and a TJ) ...it's a disease that i cant overcome...

I have enjoyed the FJ for the last 4 years...not a single problem...comfort, power, ect are all there....but the back seat/suicide doors suck, only having the ability to open 2 windows suck...and the metal roof that is so thin i might as well tear it off and make it a convertible.... it ranks on my top 3 vehicles, but i guess it proves im a true jeep guy

If i could pop the top off the FJ, or roll some more windows down, and open the back window up without the exhaust gases making you almost pass out it would be with me till it falls apart....however i dont like having to rely on my AC to keep cool, and lack of airflow makes me feel like im in a can....

I thought about going with a Tacoma Crew cab...but the top still does not come off.

Got some info from Adams Jeep in Aberdeen...going to take a cruise down there some night and do some talking and have my FJ appraised. We will go from there

THanks for everything

Billy, any pointers? my main wish is the tow upgrade (gearing change) going to check out auto and stick (drove a friends stick today) and most likely soft top...(do like the new hard tops though.) feel free to PM me offline

• If you go to Adams talk to Mike G. He is a jeep enthusiast not your typical sales person. I know a couple people besides myself that have bought jeeps from him and everyone has had a good experience.

• If you go to Adams talk to Mike G. He is a jeep enthusiast not your typical sales person. I know a couple people besides myself that have bought jeeps from him and everyone has had a good experience.

Dave Goodwin also gave me his name (owns my old TJ) i started through internet sales, but will make sure he is in the loop.

• I had a shitty experience when attempting to buy my wrangler at carman and ended up going to Heritage in MD and got a good deal. But when we recently bought my wife's Cherokee we got it at Carman and delt directly with the sales manager (big guy) and he was a ball buster but gave us a great deal.

• Went with adams jeep. In and out. No bs, good trade value, quick financing. Great team down there. If anyone goes see keith cook and tell him I sent you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!