please nobody do something this stupid!

• http://babelfish.altavista.com…7%2Fmessages%2F55115.html

ok this happened near Beijing from what I read up on this article....the webpage is in another language but the pictures speak for them selves....
    basically from what I read the guy got high centered on the hill in the first picture then needed to be winched out and he had a guy pull him down the embankment, at the bottom of the embankment was a lake.... :rolleyes: , he then got It stuck in the lake winching down the hill....they tried to pull It out of the lake and back up and over the hill by strapping It to 3 vehicles but could not get It out....It was night time so they left and came back the next morning....they Ice had refrozen over and they were forced to pull the Jeep through the lake with heavy machinery, looks like the thing is totalled....but this is some story, the pictures alone are the best

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• moved from Trail Ride forum to Of Topic

I think you may need a Chinese character set to view the link...

• that sucks......

I guess that is the opposite of a ride, because there are Jeep stickers all over that thing. and were they Khey Jhey taillights on there? I never guessed they would match up.

• Quote from "Falcon"

wow, they really dress up to go wheeling, but what dumb a**es

you don't? I dress that nice because I hit the trails before work and have to dress up for work. I am always wearing my sundays best to play in the mud.

I never realized that it froze in China, I always pictured it as a warm climate.... :doh:

but did you see the 'rice' on that exjhey? I guess that is what they do out there, our version of punk asses in hondas. :rolleyes:

• I've never seen a bunch of well dressed guys
    so happy about totaling an XJ.

So heres the question of the night -
    Why did they drag it the entire length of the
    pond instead of pulling it back out of the hole
    it fell through - wouldn't that have been easier?

• Seems to me that they couldn't get the right angle to pull it out of the hole without flipping over. therefore, they thought the ice would be able to hold the Jeep. They though wrong and it feel in. After that they had no chance of getting it our of the ice so they had to pull it out that way.

• Quote from "Bonkers"

I've never seen a bunch of well dressed guys
    so happy about totaling an XJ.

So heres the question of the night -
    Why did they drag it the entire length of the
    pond instead of pulling it back out of the hole
    it fell through - wouldn't that have been easier?

Crazy AZNs. I was wondering the same thing. I guess it all comes back to working harder and smarter then us Lazy Americans...... there must have been some type of reason behind it... :shrug:

• Quote from "JeepXJ12"

Seems to me that they couldn't get the right angle to pull it out of the hole without flipping over. therefore, they thought the ice would be able to hold the Jeep. They though wrong and it feel in. After that they had no chance of getting it our of the ice so they had to pull it out that way.

no, that is not it.

they were wating to see this in the English speaking forums so they can tell their friends that they do things more complicated then we do. :sniffle:

• I seen all the pictures somewhere else. either Pirate or IFSJA it was posted.

They went over a small hill got stuck, when they couldn't get it back over they were gonna drive across the ice. it's funny it was a amazing looking jeep before hand

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Did you guys notice the headlights were still on while it was in the pond? :lbulb: :lbulb:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

Did you guys notice the headlights were still on while it was in the pond? :lbulb: :lbulb:

They weren't on. It is just the reflection of the flash.

How the hell did he mangle his front bumper like that?

• well snorkel or not, any vehicle stuck in water that long and also having the interior swamped like that will have all kinds of computer problems. That's what we get for technology. Give me an old '25 Dodge Brothers car anyday :suspicious: . That thing worked with out all that wiring and junk. But the jeep was definitely a beauty. I guess that proves even a well modified vehicle can be out done by human stupidity. (probably :shrug: get heat for this) And i thought all asians were smart :doh: . Isn't that where all the latest and greatest gadgets come from?? :laughing: Why haven't any cars been built like the great Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? It floated, it flew, it beat up evil do-ers.........

Oh you pretty chitty bang bang, chitty chitty bang bang
    We love you, And our pretty chitty bang bang loves us too
    High, low, anywhere we go
    Our chitty bang bang we depend
    Bang Bang chitty chitty bang bang
    Our fine four fendered friend
    Bang Bang chitty chitty bang bang
    Our Fiiiiiiiiine Foooooooour Feeeeeeeenndered Frieeeeeeeend!!!!!

:new: TRAIL SONG!! :laughing: :laughing:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Trivia question - who wrote "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" (the book)?

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!