** DEJA Trail Ride at RC - Nov 24 2012 **

• Yep, great day! Lessons learned: Moab wheels pop off the bead easy (x2), my rock crawling skills are rusty, gas gauges can be helpful, and heated seats are a killer mod in the winter. Thanks to everyone for the spotting and helping out with the wheels - hopefully I can get back out again soon.
    Chris

p.s. after spinning two tires on the rims my Jeep rode smoother on the way home than on the way up to RC - go figure!

• Yep, great day! Lessons learned: Moab wheels pop off the bead easy (x2), my rock crawling skills are rusty, gas gauges can be helpful, and heated seats are a killer mod in the winter. Thanks to everyone for the spotting and helping out with the wheels - hopefully I can get back out again soon.
    Chris

p.s. after spinning two tires on the rims my Jeep rode smoother on the way home than on the way up to RC - go figure!

Chris text me and I'll send you the video I took of your truck. It's not the best because I stayed in the jeep and used my front facing camera
    302-985-3537

• Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, I had a great time.

Mark Skillen

Pictures from Raush creek
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5…7/sets/72157632094635778/

Steve in the rocks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had a blast. Jeff you were a great right seat. Hope you can come out with us next time...driving your rig maybe? Thanks for the pics too, sorry about the hands. Guess I need heated seats?

I especially loved Otters and trails 13 and 16?, alot of fun, thanks Aaron and John. And the King of the Hammers gas can run was pretty good too, except when John tried to flop and yes water really does run uphill!

A huge THANK YOU! to Neil and Brad for pit crew on the trailer tire...y'all are wicked fast. And thanks too to all who stopped to make sure we were alright.

I'm thinking an RC trip in December is a good idea. Any interest? John I didn't get a call from you so let me know.

• I'm thinking an RC trip in December is a good idea. Any interest?

I'l probably organize a trip. I'm going to be too excited to wait until Janary to get my new tires on the rocks. I'll start another thread as soon as I figure out my schedule for the month to determine the date.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• there always has to be a dumb ass each trip :mrgreen:. thx dee for getting me some gas. now we are even for having to bring your keys to bigdogs :mrgreen:. it was a good trip and i wasnt even that cold.

aaron

• My day was cut short by a broken r/f leaf spring but it was still a good time. Thanks again to Stomper and son for getting me back to the parking lot. All in all it was a good day out on the trails. Can't wait to get the Jeep fixed and back out on the trails next month.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I'l probably organize a trip. I'm going to be too excited to wait until Janary to get my new tires on the rocks. I'll start another thread as soon as I figure out my schedule for the month to determine the date.

Been trying to get out with you guys the past few trips you have made to RC, but I am in the process of re-doing a bunch of cagework on the XJ, so it has been under the knife for a few months. I do have a 2nd "family wheeler" now... a WJ w/3" of lift, 4.10's and a rear locker. I have had it to RC already, and its like wheeling an easy chair, its so smooth!! Maybe I can get out with you guys in Dec., we'll see.
    A.

• Since most of the report is here anyway, I'll continue. We broke up to 3 groups, Red, Blue /Black, and Green/Blue. I lead the latter, which was Exige, Mskillin, NandosJK, BlueLesPaul2006, RECON, Spedely, and me, Shorebird. We kept it Green/Blue, with some Black loops for Spedly and some others in the group that wanted to give it a try. Here's what we ran; 1a green, 2 blue, exiting to D on 1b green, south to 25 green, Spedly did Boot Hill black, the rest of us played in the Fire Pit. Spedly did Tombstone black/red as we watched and took pics. We drove around Lake Christy and back to C and had lunch at the 8 black loop, which was run by several in the group. After lunch we ran 4 blue, back to C and then O green, Spedly ran the entire black section, RECON ran a portion of it as well while the rest of us did the green. We all did the blue section of the Pole Line then B back toward the Registration area where Exige had to make his departure. We finished out the day with L3 green/blue where Spedly did Stair Steps up and down and we all ran a pretty technical line just behind the old registration building, then out of the park. All this by 3:00! Thanks to JoAnn for driving my YJ so I could spot, I'm sure she hated it ;) . I'm sure we'll get some additional pics. Great day!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Edited once, last by shorebird ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!