Need help

• So I want to put a new suspension lift on my 4 door wrangler but I'm not sure what kind or size to get and a friend named John Altieri told me to ask on here. I have a 2 in body lift and I'm wanting to get at least 35 on it maybe 37s. Would really like some help

• Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Can't really be of much help with what you're asking as I own a YJ. My brother and my cousin both put a BDS 3" suspension on their 4-door JKUs. It's backed by a lifetime warranty on parts. From what I've heard others say you should be able to put 35" tires on your Jeep with the 2" lift that's already installed but the more desirable way to go is with a 3" suspension lift. Some good manufacturers are BDS, Rubicon Express, Old Man Emu....

Plan out what you ultimately intend to do with your Jeep (ie. rocks, mud, mall-crawl) because that will help you determine what upgrades you will want to do. There's a lot of great people on here that are willing to help you spend your money. :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Thank you I was also wondering if I would to extend brake line with a 3 inch lift

Most good kits will come with brake line extension. Look seriously at the Rubicon Express kits.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If you want to replace control arm bushings every few months the RE kits are great. The clayton and currie kits are real nice for the money.

Clayton short arms are nice. I'm still not sold on that funky long arm. Seems like a waste.

If you don't wheel it much, the correction brackets from AEV work well. I've wheeled mine a couple times and JeffsJK used to beat the hell out of his. It's not the most hardcore wheeler system but it's very functional. If you are friends with and wheel with Altieri though, I'm gonna assume you want the strongest kit on the planet. :laughing:

Are you planning on re-gearing?

• Clayton short arms are nice. I'm still not sold on that funky long arm. Seems like a waste.

If you don't wheel it much, the correction brackets from AEV work well. I've wheeled mine a couple times and JeffsJK used to beat the hell out of his. It's not the most hardcore wheeler system but it's very functional. If you are friends with and wheel with Altieri though, I'm gonna assume you want the strongest kit on the planet. :laughing:

Are you planning on re-gearing?

No I am not

• Yes if you plan on offroading it you will need extended lines. If you just want to cruise around on the street you can buy brackets to drop the brake lines down a bit.

I have a 3" lift and drop brackets. They will work for light off road. I am planning on getting extended lines. It is the way to go in the long run.

• Hey Bryce, glad to see you signed up! Like I told you earlier, the people here are very helpful and knowledgeable and can offer you much better advice on lifting a Wrangler than I can.

Let's get that Jeep out on the trails!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• If you are friends with and wheel with Altieri though, I'm gonna assume you want the strongest kit on the planet. :laughing:

:laughing:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Hey Bryce, glad to see you signed up! Like I told you earlier, the people here are very helpful and knowledgeable and can offer you much better advice on lifting a Wrangler than I can.

Let's get that Jeep out on the trails!

Yes they are very helpful I got everything I want set up now and yes I'm ready to get her a lil dirty

• I have a 2dr JK and am running a 4.5'' Clayton short arm kit. It came with just about everything I needed for the lift minus the rear drive shaft (sold seperatly). That gave me enough lift to run 37's which are about to go on. I also upgraded to 5.13 gears with the plans to go to 37's. Get out and wheel it stock a few times to figure out how you want to build it. If I was staying at 35's I would have put 4.88 gears in.
    Start by replacing your ball joints and reinforcing your front axle and work from there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!