kayaking from DE beaches?

• i saw people last year launching at the Cape Henlopen beaches, not the one by the pier . if i find a cargo rack system that will work with my snorkel set up on the jeep i intend on taking my kayak to paddle a way out bait for fishing

• This is from the State Park rules:

5.1 No person shall launch or recover vessels from waters within or bordering on State Park lands except at designated boat launch areas or docks.

"Vessel" includes every description of water craft, other than a seaplane on water, used or capable of being used as a means of transportation.

That being said, I've seen people out there with them.

• This is important too: :innocent:

7.1 Persons swimming or sunbathing on areas administered by the Division shall be attired in acceptable swimwear, worn so as to prevent any indecent or lewd exposure of the person.

7.1.1 Males – must cover buttocks and genitals.

7.1.2 Females – must cover buttocks, breasts and genitals.

• Damn, i guess i'll have to return the banana hammock...... :doh:

• We've seen people out there too. On one occasion there was a park official that parked his 4-wheeler and was waiting for the guy to land his kayak. I think that kayaker was just going up and down the coast very close to people's lines so maybe that is what got the park official's attention?

• We go out of Henlopen a lot.. Calm area, paddle out to the two breakers and lighthouses . I heard seals are being seen often on the breakers too. I have not seen them myself yet. I also like getting out and fishing from the rocks.. Be carefull, high surf and a kayak can hurt you real bad. You think you can just ride the wave in to shore.. but it usually does not work like that .. Consider getting out with a rope, get yourself to shore and pull your boat in. Perhaps we can paddle...

Great site...
    http://www.paddling.net/

Live launch site map

http://www.paddling.net/launches/

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I kayak bait out when I'm shark fishing.... The real trick is landing it with the waves and all... Make sure you gotta saltwater kayak because their a beast to flip over when thier full of water.... Of course I did get a 500$ fine for launching frozen bait from a potato launcher a few years ago....and I got a 200$ fine for chumming on the surf fishing beach too.... I was informed that chumming would bring animals in that would eat most people. Sooooooo good luck haha.... Theyve seen me out there with kayaks and haven't said anything.... Just don't put a motor on it and u should be fine.... If you do give me a call because paddling out there 40 times a day sucks.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I kayak bait out when I'm shark fishing.... The real trick is landing it with the waves and all... Make sure you gotta saltwater kayak because their a beast to flip over when thier full of water.... Of course I did get a 500$ fine for launching frozen bait from a potato launcher a few years ago....and I got a 200$ fine for chumming on the surf fishing beach too.... I was informed that chumming would bring animals in that would eat most people. Sooooooo good luck haha.... Theyve seen me out there with kayaks and haven't said anything.... Just don't put a motor on it and u should be fine.... If you do give me a call because paddling out there 40 times a day sucks.

Really? $500??? What exactly was the charge?

• mainly, im just looking for a place to play around and catch some waves (if the conditions are ok, and the waves arent braking 5ft from shore in 3 inches of water) ive surf kayaked in the OBX (once in a tropical storm) for a while, just would like a closer place to have some fun.

• Seriously I havent seen a good beach around here to do that on.... assategue and chicoteague think spelled those right haha.... you can camp on those beaches also....

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Well there was a few.... where do you want me to start... haha... using a firearm in a public area.... ummmmm illegal use of state property... and beaching a predator shark within 100 yds of swimmers.... caught a bull shark.... go figure.

• no camping on assateageu, unless you have a slide in camper in a truck and you have to pull into the bull pen... My buddy fell asleep around one in the morning with lines in the water while sitting in a folding chair only to awake to a flash light shining in his face, ranger stated no sleeping on the beach, but it is ok to put a beach towel out and catnap through the day

• I've passed out drunk at cape a few times haha.... But its to the point now people from the chsp nature center and wardens all know me... The people at the nature center call me with a list of fish they are looking for and they send wardens out to pick them up if I catch what their looking for and their undersized... Weird they can keep them and we can't.

• Well there was a few.... where do you want me to start... haha... using a firearm in a public area.... ummmmm illegal use of state property... and beaching a predator shark within 100 yds of swimmers.... caught a bull shark.... go figure.

"landing a predator shark within 100 yards of swimmers" sounds like a bullshit charge to me.......first off the beaches are suppose to be surf fishing beaches,unless you were on a swimming beach, and second how the hell do you know what you are going to wind up reeling in?, I have fished a lot of beaches in a lot of different states over the years and never heard of such a charge.

• "landing a predator shark within 100 yards of swimmers" sounds like a bullshit charge to me.......first off the beaches are suppose to be surf fishing beaches,unless you were on a swimming beach, and second how the hell do you know what you are going to wind up reeling in?, I have fished a lot of beaches in a lot of different states over the years and never heard of such a charge.

I think the real issue is that they are trying to discourage fishing of protected shark species. People are targeting the big sharks. Personally , there are plenty of guys out on boats doing the same thing, but there is not nearly the visability as from a beach..
    http://www.thedorsalfin.com/tag/delaware-shark-fishing/

Delaware’s 3541 Atlantic Sharks regulations.
    http://regulations.delaware.go…Reg%201385%2006-01-11.htm

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• They don't specifically mention side boob so luckily that's still kosher.

• I totally agree with you deadfeat. But I choose not to fight it because I enjoy being on the beach to much to lose that privilege. ... and the surf beach vs swimming Is was and will always be my argument.... bill has seen first hand the sharks we catch let it be about 3 ft long it still was a bull shark.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!