JKU X 4wd conversion

• It seems unusual to me to see the axle laying there in that condition in that scenario. If they had just removed it, you'd think you would see more of a mess around the diff from cleaning it all out. But if they were getting ready to install it, you'd think they would choose a bench or someplace else for installing the gears. Like I said, just seems like an unusual scenario to me. Maybe they were using it to mock up a suspension?

Anywho, looks like you have found your front axle.

• It seems unusual to me to see the axle laying there in that condition in that scenario. If they had just removed it, you'd think you would see more of a mess around the diff from cleaning it all out. But if they were getting ready to install it, you'd think they would choose a bench or someplace else for installing the gears. Like I said, just seems like an unusual scenario to me. Maybe they were using it to mock up a suspension?

Anywho, looks like you have found your front axle.

It was built but not used cause the 35 splines don't fit in it cause of the sleeves, so he bought a different one, I can use any if the lower splines tho

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Make sure you have the carrier bearing caps or else its just a big hunk of scrap .

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Figured I'd do a little update.

Found a dana 30 for 100... lol already have it and the carrier for 3.73 and up for 150 total so... that was a cheap. Now I'll just keep looking for the right dana 44 and take my time with it. So for now I can continue with the swap and hopefully finish gathering the other parts for it around December.

On another note I just lifted the Jeep and its looking nice...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Yeah thx,

I havent been able to mess with this project cause of work... been a busy bee lately. but im hoping i can finish it by February or March. about to start looking into ordering Tranny toTCase adapters and the shorter tailshaft that i need, also the TCase and TCase shifters, after that its just driveshafts and other minor parts.

I also need my axles regeared but i need help with it since i do not have the nescessary tools to do it myself... I'd hate to resort to having to go to the dealership for it. So if anyone can give me a hand with that some sort of deal can obviously be struck ;).

I'll try to post more in the upcoming weeks hopefully work dont keep getting in my way.

• Aaron, astape, can do gears. PM him for pricing.

• Ok well I figure I should do an update, and since its nice out... here is a picture ;)

I got the tcase from Haugwild and Aaron (Astape) has the D30 and working in the regear.

I ended up ordering the tcase adapter, the shorter tailshaft for it and all its hardware, and all the items needed to mount the shifter assembly from the Chrysler parts store... for some reason is was way cheaper through them than the dealer. I even got free shipping!

All I'm missing Is front axles and driveshafts! I will post pictures of all the parts once I get them...

• I don't know much about drive shafts and I see some of them ask for measurement of mine... they also mentioned collapsed length and extended length... now what I assumed was that driveshafts have in and out play since suspension movement changes length as is flexes or, am I wrong and they are all fixed lengths and need to be made to fit a specific measurement...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!