Newark/Wilmington area repair shops that do frame repairs

• Hello, I am new to the site as I just picked up a 92 YJ that is in need of a small frame repair. The only rot on the frame is where the steering gear mounts and is twisting slightly when steering is put under load. I ordered the frame section repair piece but need someone to cut and weld new one in place. Its a very solid jeep except for that. Any info would be appreciated. I want to get this jeep up and going. :)

Thanks
    Sheldon.

• Welcome to the site. :wavey:

PM Astape on here. He has done a lot of work for us Jeepr's over the years. Not sure how fast you're looking to have this done but I'm sure he has a few people waiting in line. There are others on here that can weld as well. Maybe they'd be willing to offer their services.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• This might bring up some hard feelings, and I might catch some flak from some of the more senior members, but Bozo's Offroad does it... He recently helped me with a frame repair on my MJ and did an excellent job... PM me if you want his contact info...

You don't know what you can do, until you know what you can't do...

• Fyi im booked up untill mid to late aug. If you want to wait send me a pm and we can discuss it.

Aaron

• This might bring up some hard feelings, and I might catch some flak from some of the more senior members, but Bozo's Offroad does it... He recently helped me with a frame repair on my MJ and did an excellent job... PM me if you want his contact info...

Pretty sure I fall under the "senior" category but I'm not going to give you any flak.

There aren't any "hard feelings" here, but there's no reason to re-kindle any past BS either.

That being said...

If "Bozo" is someone who hasn't been previously banned here, I'd welcome him to post up some info about himself and what he can do.

Pictures help too.

• Hi and welcome if I were you I would wait for ASTAPE he has worked on my ride, I had to wait a little but it was worth it. He actually worked on the same issue you have on my YJ.

• Bringing up past BS is the last thing I want to do. Bozo (Trev) has in fact not been banned from this forum, although his son got on here and caused quite an uproar. As far as I know, he was actually banned twice. As for Trev getting on the forum and posting some info about himself, I doubt he will take the time to do it. I have bought a bunch of used parts from him, and he has done a few jobs for me, and I have been very happy with the results. I will snap some pics of the frame repair he did on my MJ when I get home.

You don't know what you can do, until you know what you can't do...

I have bought a bunch of used parts from him, and he has done a few jobs for me, and I have been very happy with the results. I will snap some pics of the frame repair he did on my MJ when I get home.

That would be great. Always good to see peoples work.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!