dana 44 and lockers...

• I guess I missed it. Did you blow out your D-35 or do you just want to put a D-44 in. If you want to drive in 4wd I'm pretty sure they need to be matched. Don't waste your money on 4:10,s. People run them just because that gearing was found on some stock Jeeps and junk yards have them. Can you get away with it, sure, especially on 33's. Drive a Jeep that's geared properly and you'll know what I'm talking about. You can pick out the guys running 4:10's on the trail immediately, auto or manual.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Thanx artie how I looked at this right now is I got a dana 44 for a really good price and figured as of right now I wanna gear one axle ao I can atleast get my lockers... next year when I do the tera slow I will goto a 4.56 with 35's and have it built right... like its not going to be now but I got to do it were my pockets dont turn inside out.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Thanx artie how I looked at this right now is I got a dana 44 for a really good price and figured as of right now I wanna gear one axle ao I can atleast get my lockers... next year when I do the tera slow I will goto a 4.56 with 35's and have it built right... like its not going to be now but I got to do it were my pockets dont turn inside out.

Tera slow for the beach???? Unless you plan on doing Rausch every weekend why spend the money??? Low range first gear with the 4:56 will do great on the trail.

Just remember when buying lockers the carrier break is 4.10/4.56 If you buy lockers for the 3.73 you will need thick cut gears the next time around to reuse them. I think you should just run the 35 till it blows up and by then just do both axles at the same time.

• Not to mention several here have not had good luck with the teralow kit lasting.

They last just fine. Just not behind 37-40" tires. Even i ran one for 5years with 35 with no issue and i break eveything. As far as the swapping in the d44, why would you wait till you break a 35? so you can pay a tow bill home from rc or the beach? Hell even randy has broke a d35 shaft and he is the most calm driver i know. he will even get a slight improvement over the 3.54 he has now and now have to worry about blowing the carrier or spitting out a shaft.

Aaron

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!