dana 44 and lockers...

• Well I finally did it... got my dana 44 gears,lockers and a bunch of other stuff for the jeep... after the build I will have a dana 44 3.73 ( I have a auto) lockrite in the front spartan in the rear possibly a tummy tuck if I can get all my ducks in a row... also have a 4" rc lift with 1" boomerangs... also have vitaair onboard air with smittybilt rocker guards and sliders.... just about done as soon as I can get astape to bless my jeep at his jeep spa.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Im only running 33s right now if I put something.bigger on there I might go 4.10

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• If your going to go to 35's ever just do the 4.56's now or youll end up regearing again. I had 33's with 3.73's and it was doable but not great, then I went to 35's and couldent even wheel it. 4.56's are a happy medium with 35's because its still streetable at highway speeds.

• Thanx neal right now its like a 2 speed auto with a gas guzzling overdrive.... everywherr I went said what I am doing is right.... if I used a 4.55 or 4.88 ill be a rocket.... right now its more cost effective to do... at some point if I find a dana 44 front axle to my likings I will regear. But for now this is what I want.

• Thanx neal right now its like a 2 speed auto with a gas guzzling overdrive.... everywherr I went said what I am doing is right.... if I used a 4.55 or 4.88 ill be a rocket.... right now its more cost effective to do... at some point if I find a dana 44 front axle to my likings I will regear. But for now this is what I want.

The words "Jeep" and "rocket" are mutually exclusive. :)

If it's a dog now, wait until you go to 35's.

• What you guys dont realize is yeah 4.10 is a good idea but at the same time those calculators dont take into consideration the rpms with a auto... I have a totally different setup then a manual.

• I find 4:10s and 35s with a 4sp auto works great for me. 99% street 1% trail. But at RC it does really well. I did set up 4:10s while planning 33s but ended up with 35s. I probably would have gone with 4:54s, but am happy and fine with 4:10s.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• What you guys dont realize is yeah 4.10 is a good idea but at the same time those calculators dont take into consideration the rpms with a auto... I have a totally different setup then a manual.

Top gear is going to be 1:1 excluding OD whether it be auto or manual.

The other consideration is that as you add armor, winches, etc. the hp/weight ratio changes and the only was to get that back w/o engine changes is higher rpms.

3.73 may be fine. I always think going from 3.73 to 4.10 is a waste of money for the small difference.

• Thanx keith... I could only afford to really do one axle right now.since.the dana 44 was geared at 3.73 the smartest move was to gear my 30 to a 3.73 when I find a dana 44 front I might regear to higher but right now anything is.better then what.I got haha... the guy at quadratec said always go a gear lower when using the chart with a auto tranny because the rpms are different.

• Just leave the gears miss match until u have money to do the right gears. Or wait to do the swap unless it's needed. No sense in doing things more then once. That's a def waste of money.

• Bucking bronco until the t-case went BOOM!

Automatics are generally geared higher (lower numerically) than manuals. I think it's because of the slip the torque converter allows. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!