State of emergency TAXI.

• When my wife was pregnant with my daughter, 22 years ago there was something in place because someone came to pick my wife up. I'll never forget it because he was pissed that my wife wouldn't walk 100 ft up the block so he didn't have to go into the neighborhood. Then when he saw she was 8 months pregnant he felt like an ass and was very apologetic.

I'm not sure what they had in place, whether it was through an organization or just a few nurse's husbands doing a good dead like Quadna did but there was something. It was probably done on the down-lo and once insurance companies found out about it probably got stopped.

So if this was to be done it could not involve the hospital specifically. It would have to be word of mouth through nurses friends and what not. That way all it would be (in the eyes of the hospital, lawyers, insurance companies...) was friends giving friends rides.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• When my wide was pregnant with my daughter, 22 years ago there was something in place because someone came to pick my wife up. I'll never forget it because he was pissed that my wife wouldn't walk 100 ft up the block so he didn't have to go into the neighborhood. Then when he saw she was 8 months pregnant he felt like an ass and was very apologetic.

I'm not sure what they had in place, whether it was through an organization or just a few nurse's husbands doing a good dead like Quadna did but there was something. It was probably done on the down-lo and once insurance companies found out about it probably got stopped.

So if this was to be done it could not involve the hospital specifically. It would have to be word of mouth through nurses friends and what not. That way all it would be (in the eyes of the hospital, lawyers, insurance companies...) was friends giving friends rides.

Wouldn't be the first time a "friend" sued a "friend" If something happened, though.

• Wouldn't be the first time a "friend" sued a "friend" If something happened, though.

No but if we always let the world's negativity stop us from doing what we know is right we would never accomplish anything.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• No but if we always let the world's negativity stop us from doing what we know is right we would never accomplish anything.

Oh, I agree, you can't be scared to help somebody if you're capable of doing so. I've found "no good deed goes unpunished" to be true a couple of times, though.

• Oh, I agree, you can't be scared to help somebody if you're capable of doing so. I've found "no good deed goes unpunished" to be true a couple of times, though.

I agree with Tim.

And there's a big difference between a friend helping a friend out, and an organized effort by a group carting strangers around.

It also can be a very fine line between negativity and reality.

• No but if we always let the world's negativity stop us from doing what we
    know is right we would never accomplish anything.

To be clear I am not saying dont do this.
    I just want people to know, as someone who has been sued for helping a
    stranger out, that there are MAJOR risks with this kind of charity and that
    NO ONE will protect you from the fallout if something goes sideways.

If youre okay with those risks (and more importantly know about them) then
    I sincerely admire your spirit and wish you the best.

• No but if we always let the world's negativity stop us from doing what we know is right we would never accomplish anything.

Well stated Slimer. :up:
    I knew I was taking the risk while I was a part of the ETV. And in my opinion the reward was worth the risk. I would much rather look back on the opportunities I had to help someone and say "I did" instead of "I wish I did".

• When we were called out by the county or state we were covered by the state. That is why the ETC did not work derisively with the hospitals. After covering the cost from 2003 till 2012 I could no longer afford it after my work injures I had a income problem. When I moved no one wanted to take it over. I still get calls for the ETV

• After covering the cost from 2003 till 2012 I could no longer afford it after my work injures I had a income problem.

What costs did you incur in 2003? I had to print/sign my own card, drove my own Jeep, used my own cell phone to communicate, and fill my tank with gas out of my own pocket. Not sure about other years though...never seemed like there was a need in Kent County :shrug:

• Good intentions, bad idea. Driving your own vehicle, which is insured by you, is a bad idea. If you wreck, you will be responsible for the loss or damages to your vehicle and also any injuries to your passengers. The state will not cover you, unless you have a written document from a state official, which would have to be approved through a state attorney, and I highly doubt that the club would ever get that. Most of us have no training, only experience in the areas of 4x4, and most or all of your experience is non-documented in any sort of training record. 20 years ago, I would have thought this idea was good, but now.....society is too litigious. The state would never endorse a program where essential personnel and their safety would be in the hands of an unknown driver. No background check, no license check, no insurance check.... it would be crazy. On the bright side, At least if something were to happen they would go after the state and your insurance company, because thats where the deeper pockets are.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!