• Anyone going over today for the grand opening?

Haven't quite decided if I want to fight the masses yet... I haven't heard of any great sale prices from the preiview openings they did. If I do go it will probably be later this afternoon after work. Shoot me a text if you want to meet up over there.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I can wait.

Has Dick's Sporting Goods posted anything about a "Going out of business" sale yet?

It's just a matter of time.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I saw a pic from the line about 90 min ago and it was crazy long. I had planned on blowing out of work around 2 and heading over but I don't know what I'll do. This weekend will be just as nutz.

I doubt they will be that affected. They do sell a lot of items that Cabela's does not.

• We bailed out, will go back later, 2000+ people in one store...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• They had some decent sales but nothing crazy good. Was too crowded to actually do any quality shopping. I went just to check it out and for the experience. Will go again in a few weeks once it dies down to actually look around.

• I love Cabelas as much as the next red-blooded American, but what is the draw of trying to get in the moment they open? Nothing special about the merchandise at this one and the crowds are probably ridiculous! I'll maybe stop by in the next few months unless I can think of something that I need immediately.

Chris (just remembered I once sat in a line at an Apple Store for a new iPhone :doh:)

• I stopped in right about noon and ran into JMan there. Walked right into the store and was able to walk around and check it out. Sales were ok but nothing waiting in line for. The line literally went from the front door, all the way around the store and back to the front just to check out. People were saying an hour and a half to two hours to check out. NO THANK YOU! We went we saw and we left with nothing but a few stupid give away things. Cheapest trip to Cabelas I've ever had! LOL

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I was gonna go but saw the line and went back home. The line was halfway to target. They had the road blocked to traffic so people in line wouldn't get run over

• Yea, it was insane. :o They weren't even giving away anything good. Stopped by, saw the line and got back in the car lol it was crazy. I'll check it out in a few weeks when everything has calmed down.

• I went over around 3 and there was no line at all. Not exactly sure where the checkout line was but it I didn't notice it so I can't imagine it was too awful. Nice store pretty good gun selection. I'm happy it's close but if you've been to Hamburg prepare to be underwhelmed.

• It's only half the size of the Hamburg store. I'll probably check it out this weekend.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!