FS: 1975 CJ5 NO TITLE

• A friend of mine is looking to sell his 1975 CJ5. He is asking 1500 for the Jeep but will take offers as well.

It has NO TITLE he bought it that way to build as a trail only vehicle. I do not know if a title can be obtained for it or not.

THE GOOD:
    It appears to have a small lift kit on it.
    It has the 304 V-8.
    It is a manual transmission.

However being a 1975 there are a few things that will need work.
    The engine has run since he has had it but it currently does not.
    I would put new tires on it before driving it.

I'm sure there are a few things I am forgetting. If you have any questions you can ask here or you can text me and I will get an answer for you. My number is 302-388-39 Five Seven.
    Thanks for looking,
    Bill

• Is he asking too much for what it is?

I think that the no title thing drives a lot of buyers off. Any additional info on the title situation would likely help. Lost? Never transferred to his name? Didn't get one period? Unfortunately with no title most look at it as something to part out.

--Ian

• He didn't get one with it when he bought it. I will ask him if the person he bought it from lost it or what happened to it.

Thanks for the insight.

• Unless it has a title it's essentially a parts Jeep which will typically be worth under $1000. Looking at that one I'd say $500. Tell him to get a title for it. Then, if it runs, I'm thinking $1000 max.

Cleaning it up, and painting the rims all one color would help a lot.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I talked to him last night and he said he's very flexible on the price because it doesn't have the title. He believes the prior owner never had a title for it either.

I'll see him again on Friday. I'll talk to him about your suggestions then.

Thanks for the information.

• John is right, a few hundred is all its really worth as parts. Best bet is to have a stripper party , (not that kind... the kind where your tear it all apart. Then clean up and sell all the salvageable parts, cut up the frame and tub and scrap it. No recycler one will take the whole frame without a title. Craigslists is great way to move parts.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• He actually just called me. He said he just wants it gone. The new price is 500.

I tried talking him into parting it out but he said because he lives in a townhouse that he doesn't have the space to do it.

I think he bought it thinking it would be easier to do what he wanted to do than it actually turned out to be.

Thanks again guys.

• i have a friends that lives on that road, i see that thing sitting there all the time.
    Its tempting to make a trail rig out of but i want something i can drive on the street and a 5 is pretty short for a good trail rig. hmm.

Its tempting to make a trail rig out of but i want something i can drive on the street and a 5 is pretty short for a good trail rig. hmm.

So stretch it into a CJ6 length. You've made a buggy before so that should be easy for you.

I wouldn't mind grabbing it for the V8 but I can't keep up with my own right now.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!