Windows 9 (Oops, Bill called; we're going to name this one Ten)

• And so continues the circle of life for Microsoft.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Eh, its kind of the cycle of life for any company really. Apple releases a new Iphone every year, Samsung a new Galaxy. Auto companies release new models every year, and about every 5 years completely change their existing models.

But in this case Microsoft had huge swing and a miss with Windows 8, and is now trying to get back to their previous success. At least they are making 9 free for the 8 sufferers.

• I was talking more about Microsoft's cycle of issuing a sucky system one year, followed by a much better system the next, and then followed again with another sucky system.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I was talking more about Microsoft's cycle of issuing a sucky system one year, followed by a much better system the next, and then followed again with another sucky system.

Kind of like Rolling Stones albums. :mrgreen:

• Nah, 8 sucked so bad they felt like they needed to 'round up'

I think they jinxed themselves though due to the "every other" Windows trend.

(Post 3.1)
    Windows 95 - Good
    Windows 98, Me (Basically the same thing) - Bad
    Windows XP - Awesome
    Windows Vista - Very Bad
    Windows 7 - Very Good
    Windows 8 - SUCKS
    Windows 9 - (Should have been good)
    Windows 10 - Back to sucking.

Sorry Microsoft, you should have thought this through. ;)

• Wait wut?

Please someone tell me this is an Onion article. LOL
    http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-jumps-to-windows-10/

WINDOWS 10???

On a similar note, Google, not to be outdone, has just announced its next Android Version 40.0 Nicknamed Butterscotch. And Apple noted that IOS 100 will be out next , and will incorporate features of Windows XP.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• No mention of 2000/NT.

Still running on a lot of corporate servers.

I'm still using XP on my home desktop.

Will probably wait until I get the next box to move forward.

• No mention of 2000/NT.

Different animal. The server systems are well respected by most although I've still had better luck with bare bones Unix rather than running it on top of Windows Server 2008 on a virtual machine.

• Meh, Apple has been on version X/10 since like 2002. Everything has been dot releases so I'm going to make the completely unfounded assumption they haven't made any major changes in over a decade. They need to take away major features and then add them back in every now and then to make you feel like you're getting something new.

• Who pays $135 for Windows? Well, I guess corporations probably do, but everyone else gets it for free when they buy their computer.

BTW, I guess a moderator should change the title to Windows 10. It is official.

• Who pays $135 for Windows? Well, I guess corporations probably do, but everyone else gets it for free when they buy their computer.

BTW, I guess a moderator should change the title to Windows 10. It is official.

It's not actually free, you are still paying for the license. some computer manufactures are willing to sell you the barebones machine fully assembled with no license for less money than with the OS installed. Also, maybe it's $100 through a discount offer, but still more than free or $20.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!