Looking to Upgrade Headlights.

• Some years ago I upgraded to IPF lights (housing, and bulb upgrade). The housing concentrates the beam more flat, broadcasting it towards the center and taking away from light that would normally go upwards. It was a good upgrade.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Some years ago I upgraded to IPF lights (housing, and bulb upgrade). The housing concentrates the beam more flat, broadcasting it towards the center and taking away from light that would normally go upwards. It was a good upgrade.

H4 housings and a good quality bulb will be the best bang for the buck, LED is the way to go if you don't mind a a little more cost.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• I highly recommend the Quadratec lights. Better than the Trucklites reviewed in that article (I used to have them). I can meet up with you some time if you want to compare your stock lights vs mine side by side. You can look at the photos here: https://www.delawareja.com/for…39996.msg327992#msg327992 for comparison shots I took, but photos are always different than real life.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Installed in the KC H4 upgrade housings. Honestly am tickled pink with these, I had been riding the fence dropping big $$ on led headlights glad I didn't. The kit comes with control modules and fans, all plug and play, I'm not sure if anti flicker is controlled by this module but if you call them and talk to Jim he can certainly advise you as to what is or would be needed.

• How about other drivers? Do you get anyone flashing you when you drive at night? I want to have better lighting on the JK but honestly don't want be "that guy" on the road is constantly ticking me off for having horribly dispersed light from their headlights. There's a black JK near my home in Felton that has just that problem. Looks like LED or HID bulbs in maybe the stock housings, LED above-bumper fogs, and then LED lights in the factory fog locations. Looks great from an angle and I'm sure they can see California from their steering wheel. Problem is they are blinding everyone that is anywhere near directly in front of them. Even worse is they probably don't even realize it and most likely absolutely love their new lighting choices. :down:

• How about other drivers? Do you get anyone flashing you when you drive at night? I want to have better lighting on the JK but honestly don't want be "that guy" on the road is constantly ticking me off for having horribly dispersed light from their headlights. There's a black JK near my home in Felton that has just that problem. Looks like LED or HID bulbs in maybe the stock housings, LED above-bumper fogs, and then LED lights in the factory fog locations. Looks great from an angle and I'm sure they can see California from their steering wheel. Problem is they are blinding everyone that is anywhere near directly in front of them. Even worse is they probably don't even realize it and most likely absolutely love their new lighting choices. :down:

After the install a few days later I checked the aim on my garage door at night, I had to slightly adjust them downward. I did drive several nights before adjusting, never had anyone flash at me. I don't know exactly how to describe the output. The amount of light produced is awesome , it's a more "white" natural light that disperses really well both ahead and slightly off to the sides. They are bright enough that they slightly "bleach out" my piaa amber fog lights, which use to yellow out my KC's with the H4 bulbs.. Like Jerry said earlier pictures do lighting no justice.

• Bob, I've been really doubtful that an LED bulb replacement will perform better than a standard bulb in regard to getting a proper beam. I'd love to meet up with you for a few minutes one night to see how those really work.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Say when, these things are pretty impressive, definitely way better than the H4 bulb, there is no comparison. I learned about them from other "users" from the southern club. Multiple users that have the bulbs great reviews... they have one of the highest Lumen ratings for a replacement bulb @ 3200 per light which is all the more that it needs.

• See the pics that Whatevah posted of the LED upgrades...
    https://www.delawareja.com/for…topic=39996.msg334431#new

To be worth it, you'll have to decide if the cost is worth the difference in visibility.

I have a set of the mrl lighting 4th gen led headlight bulbs for my 14 jk. Havent installed them yet but ill post some photos for you. Hoping to get them on this weekend. But it all depends on weather and sunlight.... Not to mention I have to work all weekend as well... Wouldn't mind getting a wash in too

• We have two different brands of leds that we use. On our 2015 we have the [size=0px]JW speakers installed. The wife loves them. On the 2005 i have the Quadratec LEDs installed. I prefer these over the JWs just because they get out further in front of the jeep. Dont get me wrong i like the JWs also. Never had any one flash me when in the 2015 and every now and then i do in the 2005 and as soon as i hit my high beams they shut theirs down real fast. I even have the 2005 driver side light adjusted a little bit lower.[/size]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!