CHSP access discussions

• I saw this on DelawareFishing.com

Doesn't this seem like it comes up every year? I'm at CHSP a good bit year round and really only ever have problems during a select few peak times and even then it seems rare.

Is it that big of an issue? If so, I wonder if the new price increase will make any difference. :shrug:

• I was only out a few times last year and even on 4th of July weekend it wasn't terribly crowded. I think the article makes a good point by saying if you really go out there to fish then you should know that early a.m. is the better time, summer kind of sucks anyway, and avoid weekends and holidays if you really want to go out and enjoy a beach to yourself and real fishing time.

• Im a newb at Surf Fishing. Ive never been but just got my tags and a rod. I have no damn clue what Im doing otherwise. Was wondering if I could tag along with anyone sometime so I can get some pointers and get the hang of it while theres nobody on the beach for me to hit with a rod..... or hook :mrgreen: Let me know.

• Im a newb at Surf Fishing. Ive never been but just got my tags and a rod. I have no damn clue what Im doing otherwise. Was wondering if I could tag along with anyone sometime so I can get some pointers and get the hang of it while theres nobody on the beach for me to hit with a rod..... or hook :mrgreen: Let me know.

There's enough of us that are out there every weekend just about, sometimes FB can be easier to coordinate plans etc. I know the first decent day I get I'm heading down (after my radiator gets fixed :( )

Same boat as you here. I have the stuff but have never gotten too deep into it. Just bought two year tags so my goal is to get out more this year.

• The reason for me being in Rehoboth at this god forsaken time of year is for a Delaware Recreation and Parks Society annual conference thru work. All of the state park managers and rangers are in attendance as well as state officials. I just left a social event and the beaches were hot topic. This year looks to be business as usual but Next year drastic changes ARE coming. The informal buzz right now is that the reservation system would be a viable option. The one thing that they all agree on is there is too much partying going on. The next favorable option was to prohibit alcohol from the beach. Once again this is all through casual conversation. None the less 2016 is going to be drastically different.

I am usually down every weekend and I really do fish, let me know when you are heading down, the more fishing the merrier

• The reason for me being in Rehoboth at this god forsaken time of year is for a Delaware Recreation and Parks Society annual conference thru work. All of the state park managers and rangers are in attendance as well as state officials. I just left a social event and the beaches were hot topic. This year looks to be business as usual but Next year drastic changes ARE coming. The informal buzz right now is that the reservation system would be a viable option. The one thing that they all agree on is there is too much partying going on. The next favorable option was to prohibit alcohol from the beach. Once again this is all through casual conversation. None the less 2016 is going to be drastically different.

I see their plan, raise the prices to get everyone to renew for two years, collect the extra money and then change the rules so no one wants to go out, keep the money. Nice play DNREC. To be honest, I don't think there's anything wrong with the current system.

Hate to say it, but I can see those changes coming.

Also, hate to admit it, but most of us are guilty of helping to kill the golden goose.

When you drive down the beach and see a dozen people playing volley ball or throwing shoes, or no where near the surf, it's pretty obvious you aren't out there to fish.

I really don't see them adding no fish/party only sections as the solution.

• I'd be surprised to see any changes past them enforcing the current rules a little more and making some examples out of people.
    I really don't see a reservation system working since majority of people probably won't allow it and there flat out isn't enough man power to enforce something that restricted.

• I don't see very many people driving down to the beach for the day and fishing for 8+ hours straight without doing anything else either.

• I don't see very many people driving down to the beach for the day and fishing for 8+ hours straight without doing anything else either.

X2

And the casual beach goer is the majority, not the minority. The hardcore fishermen are organized and definitely voice their opinions but at the end of the day, the beach is for everyone. The money generated and amount of public use by people who aren't out there to land a record Striper at high noon on July 4th and would rather throw some horse shoes can't be ignored.

• I'd be surprised to see any changes past them enforcing the current rules a little more and making some examples out of people.
    I really don't see a reservation system working since majority of people probably won't allow it and there flat out isn't enough man power to enforce something that restricted.

Believe it or not they say this is the easiest method so far, all of the state preserves operate on a reservation system for hunting. It is a familiar system that can be fine tuned., once again this is all through casual conversation.The root of most of this is they say last year there were several non holiday weekends that vehicles were parked 4-5 deep with huge canopies set up and pitting out full bars on folding tables.

• I just saw Keith. Erics post now.. Looks like we can have a surf fishing 101 this spring....let's do it !

Id be down for that! Anybody want to start a 101 thread...... and maybe list some gear nessisary to start with so we can get our junk together before then? :mrgreen: All I have is rods/reels and my tags.
    Sorry to keep hi-jacking this thread by the way.

• Id be down for that! Anybody want to start a 101 thread...... and maybe list some gear nessisary to start with so we can get our junk together before then? :mrgreen: All I have is rods/reels and my tags.
    Sorry to keep hi-jacking this thread by the way.

We have a few threads on that (http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0), but basically you need your
    surf fishing permit
    your receipt for your permit
    pole
    bait
    tackle
    tow strap
    air gauge
    shovel
    board of wood
    jack

http://www.destateparks.com/ac…ng/surf-fishing/rules.asp

• X2

And the casual beach goer is the majority, not the minority. The hardcore fishermen are organized and definitely voice their opinions but at the end of the day, the beach is for everyone. The money generated and amount of public use by people who aren't out there to land a record Striper at high noon on July 4th and would rather throw some horse shoes can't be ignored.

it sounded as though if they come up with a way to limit the volume of vehicles and partying on the beach that the fishing rule may be loosened up some.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!