• Looking for a NP231 transfer case for my 1996 Jeep cherokee. Mine was chew up some when I opened it up to put a slip yoke eliminator on :bang:. I would like one as soon as possible so I can get my Jeep up and running again! :wavey:

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• What parts do u need? They sell the parts individually. I have a couple older cases not assembled if u want to see if u can use parts to put something together.

• I haven't located where all the metal is coming from but the previous didn't take care of the Jeep very well so I would feel comfortable doing all new. The outside of the case is perfectly fine

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• Most likely a loose chain was rubbing on the case. Almost all older tcases have wear marks in them. honestly i would clean the case while its apart. Buy a chain and check the shift and mode fork and put it back together. Any case u get is probably gonna have a similar issue.

• Tear it apart and rebuild it with some upgraded stuff, like the slip yoke eliminator and whatever else you can get for it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• A yard in Philadelphia has one for $75. Paradise Auto Parts in Elkton Maryland has one for $100.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!