• :shrug:
    I have an opportunity to get a brand new 4 in rough country lift for a great price. I have a 2.5 lift now and just would like more lift. it comes with shocks and all needed to lift. I already have a 1 inch motor lift, will I need anything else? Does anyone have this kit and or recommend it or have input good or bad?
    :shrug:

• U will probaby need a sye and a cv shaft to not get a driveline vibe. Although u might get away with a tcase drop cause u have a mm lift. Btw rc lifts arecat the bottom of the quality scale.

• WOW I have heard nothing but good things from other people that have RC on the vehicles.(not all jeeps)

• Yeah, you'll need an SYE and driveshaft but a t-case drop might work. RC has overly stiff springs and especially the shocks, but they're inexpensive so most people gloss over that. At minimum, I'd replace the shocks with something softer like Skyjacker hydros or upgrade to Bilstein 5100s. When I was full-time at Quadratec, I had a guy complain that it rode like a tank (Qtec doesn't sell Rough Country). Switched him to the Rancho adjustable shocks and he was a happy camper.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I have rancho 9000 now and had the adjustable ones on my old PU and I do not like them. I will give them away that's what I think they are worth. so is skyjacker a better all around kit, what do some of you all have?
    I want a good ride and good off road abilities as well. :driving:

• Old man emu has the best ride quality. Im not a skycrapper fan. Bilstein has about the best shocks.

On a side note i have rancho 9000 on my truck too and one decided to loose the internal plunger for no reason. the seal was good because it didnt loose any oil, but the shaft pulled free when i was trying to figure out what was wrong. ordering some bilsteins soon.

• I do not know what kit is on the jeep now, so starting over and knowing is what I like. what about voodoo lifts? Not trying to cut corners, but I do have a budget to work on, trying to get the best bang for the buck. :hug:

• It is tough to go past 2.5 inches both cheap and good quality. It is the break over for the can of worms. Not knowing what's on there now, u will likely need new lower control arms, new upper rear adjustable control arms, track bars or mounts, away bad links, brake lines, the new ds and sye, maybe a drop pitman arm

That being said, it can be done, but would prob most easily be done buying gently used stuff over time

Also, keep in mind, the way to spend the least overall is to pony up and spend the money on quality and do it right the first time.

I've also heard that RC rides like a brick. As others have stated, old man emu or bilstiens are great shocks

• I am ahead of the game some what, I have JKS adjustable track bars. I have been looking at all I can and will do and I know it will be sometime and money and the list keeps growing. :censored: But I will take everything everyone says and roll with it. :driving: I am happy with the jeep right now, I just what it to be MINE not what someone else put together. Thank you all for the info and don't stop filling me in. :spinrhead:

• old man emu does not make a suspension kit for a TJ only shocks? :shrug: whats up with that? :bang: I think this is why I want a kit that comes with it all and I can change out things down the road if I don't like it. I have seen a lot of guys (and gals) have done this.
    Everyone is saying RC shocks suck, ok what about the lift kit its self? are the springs crap, are the lower control arms bad, ect. this is what I need to know as well. I can change shocks but everything else is not a quick fix. :shrug:

• I been told RC, Vodoo and Zone have crap shocks, so what about there kit products? :up: :down:

• RC springs ride pretty harsh in my experience. Unfortunately with suspension you really do get what you pay for. To get a complete 4" kit that rides nice and last offroad long term you are goin to spend a good bit of money. Have you thought about adding a 1" body lift since you already have the motor mount lift? 3.5"s of lift should be plenty to run 35's.

• There is also rubicon express and bds to look at. Rock crawler and full traction are out there too but they r kind of budget lifts like rough country.

• :driving: A guy is selling 4.5 rubicon springs for $200.00 is that a good deal for just the springs? could I get them and then buy more as I can to piece one together?

• Even when broken in they net 5.25" which means with your body lift you are at 6.25" of lift.

You started this thread by mentioning you wanted more height. How much more? What are your goals? Ee've already stated you're riding the edge of having to sink a ton more money into it to keep the performance level the same. So...more lift doesn't just equate to taller springs. With 3.5"+ springs you'll certainly need 4 fixed control arms and 4 adjustable control arms, an SYE kit, new rear CV driveshaft, extended sway bar links, maybe longer brake lines, and then if you match that new height with new larger tires you will need to regear...and might as well put in the locker at the same time. See where it's going?

Sorry. It's just that a lot of us have been exactly in your shoes and tried all the ways to do things on the cheap. Never ends how you want :shrug:

• I did my lift piece by piece. It adds up over time. Aaron gave the most accurate description of what would be needed, and what the cost would be (when I was where you are). I have found that most products are priced what they are for a reason. Take that into account when you make your decisions. On the other hand, make sure you are not paying for something you don't want/need.

• I am not going higher for tires or for trail rides, more for what I want and that's all. But I do want a good ride. :bang: it was so easy in the 80's when there were not so many things to chose from. :bang:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!