Seat covers....options?

• I'm mulling over some seat cover options and would appreciate your opinions on these two I found on Quadratec. I currently use the vest style covers on my front seats (I think they are Rugged Ridge). I have no experience at all with neoprene, but I understand they can be hot in the summer. I like the 3-piece set (the rear seat cover is tossed in "for free"), but I think I'd be happier with the cordura fabric. Price does matter.

I'm just hoping for some advice on seat covers -- not on seats. If there are other solid cost-effective options, and if there are better vendors, please share!

Neoprene covers, sold as 3-piece set for $169.99, available in tan:
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/14167_212X_PG.htm#

Vest, sold in pairs for $69.99, but apparently only in black:
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/94263_1015.htm

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• We've had the neoprene ones you linked in Jen's TJ for a few years now. Despite being shittybilt they fit nicely and have held up great. The driver side is just now to the point that it is in need of replacement due to the neoprene separating on the outer bolster. They have the added benefit of not looking like a cover too...some of the vest style, etc can just look like a cheesy cover. I wouldn't hesitate to get them again.

--Ian

• Wait for the Q-tech tent sale, you can get a full set of Wet Oakleys for $100. FYI, Wet Oakleys are very good.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• For anyone else reading this, deadfeat is trying to spell Wet Okole. Let's all say it aloud together...O...k...o...l...e. Okole. :innocent:

(just messing with you Steve)

I thought this was you...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• For anyone else reading this, deadfeat is trying to spell Wet Okole. Let's all say it aloud together...O...k...o...l...e. Okole. :innocent:

(just messing with you Steve)

Do they sell the wet Okole every year???????
    But, that is how I got mine, one year. :mrgreen:

• They only sell the returned ones... Wet Okole covers are only made to order (6 week lead time) so the only ones you buy from Quadratec are returns. Not for defects, but for change of heart (aka, the wife didn't like the color).

Personally, I'd love to get the GEAR seat covers, but since I have leather seats and a hard top, they wouldn't get much use. http://www.quadratec.com/products/14070_900X_PG.htm

For the neoprene versions, the Coverking are a good buy for the cost. Quadratec sells a boat load of them, way more than the Smittybilts, not really sure of the quality differences. All of the neoprene covers will be grippy, so you can't slide across the seat like you used to. That can be good or bad, personally I prefer a smoother seat.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Ha. :laughabove: ..looking at this thread and reading the posts made me order covers. I only got the towel covers though.

We have one that we won at one of the Christmas events and were just talking about getting another one to replace my cheapo Zombie Vehicle ones.

Also got one of the Jerry Can tool boxes because they looked cool. Plus I'm saving on shipping so it's like getting a discount! ::)

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I tried wet Okole's. Started to wear prematurely after a year. I had seats covered with marine grade vinyl. Expensive, but after 2-1/2 years they look new.

• I've had my Okoles for almost a year, and they have held up like new. Mine are Blackand Tan, and the tan cleans up nicely, I would definitely buy these gain if needed., One thing to remember , all neoprene can dry out, and will last longer if washed occasionally with a wetsuit cleaner/conditioner.

• Not to hijack the thread but if anyone ever sees seat covers that are either 2 piece and just cover the ass end of the seat or have holes for shoulder harnesses please let me know.

The rugged ridge cheapo ones are 2 piece. I might even have an extra set still in the packaging, I'll check

I'd prob only buy cheap ones going forward...they all fade

• I have only ever gotten the Smittybilt neoprene covers and love them. I still have the original set in the blue beast and they are 8 or 9 yrs old now, yea its time to replace them (starting to look their age). I still have the set from our 2 dr jk sitting here.

• I've had my Okoles for almost a year, and they have held up like new. Mine are Blackand Tan, and the tan cleans up nicely, I would definitely buy these gain if needed., One thing to remember , all neoprene can dry out, and will last longer if washed occasionally with a wetsuit cleaner/conditioner.

I used the cleaner I ordered from Wet Okole and it did not make a difference. I called them and got nowhere. Overrated, expensive seat covers.

• I used the cleaner I ordered from Wet Okole and it did not make a difference. I called them and got nowhere. Overrated, expensive seat covers.

Agreed, unless you snag a full set (front and rear) for $100 :innocent:

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• It was good to check out Steve's neoprene covers at yesterday's fishing tourney. Based on all the comments here, Wet Okole is out. I'm leaning toward the Coverking set at Q-tec for $189.99. The Smittybilt set is $20 less expensive, but I'm intrigued by Jerry's comment that Q-tec is shipping a lot more of the Coverking brand. I'm sure that's no accident.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Yeah, I'm not sure... maybe because of the stigma most people have with Smittybilt stuff? That, I could understand... I've had bad luck with their stuff, myself.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!