DMV Advice

• You won't need a license plate light. I never had one with my last body. They never check them anyway.

You got lucky. I've had to add them to multiple Jeeps and replace the one on the CJ10 a few months ago as it wasn't working....when they checked it.

• Rear side markers have to be lit. You won't need a license plate light. I never had one with my last body. They never check them anyway.

U did have one u just didnt know it. The bottom of the factory pod is clear so that it lights up the plate.

• I had flush mount lights at the time so that wasn't there. They just never questioned it. I guess because it's an older vehicle

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The probably thought that there is probably so many other things wrong with it who cares about the plate light. :roflmao:

• Ran the Jeep through inspection and they nabbed me for rear brake light. Its a weird wiring issue. I jumped a wire just to get the brake light to work. Will DMV ONLY check what failed'?

• I get to start off 2016 in good ole fashion- with a honey-do list from the DMV. Most of it is pretty straight forward, but... they nabbed me for my lights. All of them! I have tube fenders up front, with 2" led side marker lights (running and turn signals), 3/4" round led turn signals, and 2" running lights in the grill. In the back, i have flush led tail lights, with no reverse lights- surprisingly they didn't say anything about this.
    I like to think i'm savvy enough to rewire the 2" lights up in the grill to go as running and turn signals to fix the "too small of turn signals" but they said that none of my lights are reflective. Reflective tape/reflectors would not suffice either I was told. Can anyone verify this? I just need to get past Biff next time and i'll be solid for another 2 years of legality on the road. Any thoughts or tips on how you guys with tube fenders and led lights get by...
    Thanks

• I get to start off 2016 in good ole fashion- with a honey-do list from the DMV. Most of it is pretty straight forward, but... they nabbed me for my lights. All of them! I have tube fenders up front, with 2" led side marker lights (running and turn signals), 3/4" round led turn signals, and 2" running lights in the grill. In the back, i have flush led tail lights, with no reverse lights- surprisingly they didn't say anything about this.
    I like to think i'm savvy enough to rewire the 2" lights up in the grill to go as running and turn signals to fix the "too small of turn signals" but they said that none of my lights are reflective. Reflective tape/reflectors would not suffice either I was told. Can anyone verify this? I just need to get past Biff next time and i'll be solid for another 2 years of legality on the road. Any thoughts or tips on how you guys with tube fenders and led lights get by...
    Thanks

IF reflective tape is not allowed (I feel like I know people that passed with it) get some reflectors from eastern marine or harbor freight and glue a magnet to the back ou use 2 sided tape. That way it's a "real" reflector. I don't think they can try to remove them to see how they r attached

• IF reflective tape is not allowed (I feel like I know people that passed with it) get some reflectors from eastern marine or harbor freight and glue a magnet to the back ou use 2 sided tape. That way it's a "real" reflector. I don't think they can try to remove them to see how they r attached

Wal-Mart sells rectangular reflectors with tape already on them.

• Genius! and in my price range ;D

I've had tube fenders for about 5 years now, and i feel like they pick and choose what they like and don't like. The lights have changed a little, but the guy I had this time around must've been a real stickler.

Thanks

• Genius! and in my price range ;D

at 0.75 with $5.00 shipping, you may want to pick those up in the store :o

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• They are a buck or 2 per pair in the store.

Yeah, but:

I just wish there was a way for me to order parts from my couch and have them delivered right to my door.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• How else would I get them? I just wish there was a way for me to order parts from my couch and have them delivered right to my door. We can put a man on the moon... Oh well one day, am I right? :)

Pretty sure Harbor Freight has them

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!