• Ok people, this is a good chance to make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate while giving our club very positive and public exposure. Here are the details that I have for now;
    This event will be held December 2nd, yes it's a weekday and I know you all just can't blow off work.
    Time: is from 1:30 PM - 3 PM with an informal get together in the Camp Out For Hunger Tent afterwards.
    Place: Xfinity Live parking lot H. If you cannot make the event that's ok, if you can collect canned goods you are doing enough. I will pick up any and all donated food from anywhere in the state of Delaware as well as southeastern PA. Lets show that DEJA is still a force in the jeep world ! The full details were posted in our jeep talk forum.

1. Sandtostand

• Country Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge in Oxford will allow us to use them as a drop off point if we can get some member involvement to make this happen.

• I'll see if it's possible to get out of work a few hours early, 1/2 day or something to that effect. Hopefully I don't have a coronary trying to drive my junk on 95! :sniffle:

1. Sandtostand
    2. Keith.eric (and Jeeps For Joy will be supporting this event as well)
    3. Kuntryboy816 - pending work schedule

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I think a lot of people want to, its just having to take off work

That is understood, but collecting the Canned goods should not be too intrusive of personal schedules. Getting the food picked up and to the drop off point that Wednesday will be handled

• That is understood, but collecting the Canned goods should not be too intrusive of personal schedules. Getting the food picked up and to the drop off point that Wednesday will be handled

Give it a little time. This thread is ONE day old.

It's almost a month away.

Might want to think about someway to PayPal donations also for those that aren't especially local.

• And we are rolling off to a good start. Thanks to all that brought canned goods to the meeting last night and thanks to DEJA for the cash donation. We will be making a trip to the local ACME to put it to good use. As of this time Between the money from DEJA and the donated money from the 50/50 we had $334.00 I threw in another 16 to round off at $350.00, what a great start !

• And we are rolling off to a good start. Thanks to all that brought canned goods to the meeting last night and thanks to DEJA for the cash donation. We will be making a trip to the local ACME to put it to good use. As of this time Between the money from DEJA and the donated money from the 50/50 we had $334.00 I threw in another 16 to round off at $350.00, what a great start !

might be worth seeing if someone has a Costco membership or BJ's. you could prob get more for your money than Acme. (not hating on Acme, I shop there, but they can be a bit on the pricey side)

• ACME is partnered up with the event and has pre made bags for sale at $10 per bag, supposedly the contents of the bags are what philabundance said there is the most need of. Thanks for the thought though.

• A DJ from WMMR is coordinating a Jeep caravan to this event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/926256070799664/

Might be fun.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• What Should You Collect for Camp Out for Hunger
    The list below includes some of the most needed and highest in demand items for our communities. Choose products that are in boxes, cans, plastic bottles or non-breakable jars and do not have to be refrigerated. Bread and baked goods are not suitable because of their short shelf life. Items should be recently purchased and in good condition.
    Most Needed Items  Canned/Shelf Stable Meats (Including Tuna)  Canned Beef Stew  Canned Chili  Canned Pasta, Beef Ravioli  Creamy Peanut Butter (Plastic Containers Only)  Jelly (Plastic Containers Only)  Macaroni & Cheese  Canned Soup  Canned Fruits and Vegetables  Breakfast Cereal or Hot Cereal

Least Requested Items  Bottled Water  Potato Chips  Seasonal Items (i.e. cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie mix, peppermint flavored items, holiday themed items)

• Received another cash donation of $50 yesterday, this will boost our cash total to $400.00, not too bad !

I have a Costco membership if that is the way you want to go.
    :driving:

I will let you know if we go that route. Thank you for the offer :up:

• Stopped by Acme yesterday to check out their pre packaged bags, they are not that impressive. Philabundance states on their website that canned food with meat is high priority. As of now I'm considering $200 worth of Campbell ravioli (just under $1 per can) and $200 of canned chili. Does anyone else have any input? Between the club the 50/50 and a generous $50 donation from my mom we are sitting at $400.00. I'll be in the Felton area today if anyone wants to contribute cash or canned donations. My cell #484-354-0869

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!