Anyone able and willing to weld a roll cage?

• Hey, I'm looking to see if any of you guys are able to, or know of anyone who can weld some stock roll bars onto my cage for me? I need to replace the rear right roll bar, and probably the center roll bar that goes above your head. Thanks for any information and help.

• You know nothing stock is a "roll cage" right.

It's called a "sport cage" and it depends greatly on the windshield frame which amounts to very little.

Not real sure what you are trying to do, but all of the stock tubes are very thin.

• Post some pics of what u need done.

I am wanting something like this:

]

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/r…-xj-in-cab-sport-bar.html

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Not to get off topic on the op's thread, but im not sure i would buy anything from rustys designed to protect. They have a way of making things cheap. Also that hoop by itself is a waste of money on so many levels. Take your safety seriously, save you pennys and install a real cage.

I can weld anything up but probably wont do if u expect it to increase safety but doesnt. I can also bend tube but usually dont build cages because it takes me way too long and for what i would have to charge zach at a to z woukd be more affordable.

• Not for nothing (and I have no idea why John doesn't want a real roll cage) but that "show bar" that Rustys offers does serve a real purpose in an XJ. It helps to keep the unibody rigid by tying into the seatbelt mount. It works fairly well for that, as long as it is supported well at the floor.
    The later model XJ's had adjustable seatbelt mounts though, so I am not sure how effective it would be on a 97-later XJ. The adjustment would have to be fixed in place before counting on it for support.

• Thats my point. A frame stiffiner is not a roll cage. Anyways enough mucking up the ops thread...

Let me know if i can help with the welding.

• [size=1em]Sorry for the delay, been a busy weekend. [/size]

[size=1em]But anyways, I was in an accident which ended up rolling my jeep onto its left side after the backend got sucked into a ditch. As you can see from the pictures (the first one looks alot worse then what it really is), the rear took most of the impact which ended up denting the rear left "sports" cage bar, which pushed forward and moved the center bar about half an inch, which then pushed the passenger door bar that ended up pushing the windshield frame forward.[/size]
    [size=1em]I found that i can buy replacement stock bars from mymoparparts.com (#2 and #3), but I know that the left rear bar is welded onto my center bar (where the speakers are) as it sits now, so I'm looking to see if anyone would feel comfortable welding the new bars back together so that everything is straight. I will get better pictures of the exact weld spot when the weather is better. [/size]

[size=1em]The last instagram picture is just of an LJ that I would eventually like to build towards, and the owner told me that he welded on bars to his stock cage. I am also looking into getting a bolt on cage like smittybilt builds or something like that. [/size]

• If you have to do work on your cage, there is no reason to not do it right and stronger. Personally, I wouldn't use smittybuilt for the cage. Get some DOM and build a real cage

I agree, and I would if I could, but please keep in mind, I don't wheel my jeep hardcore because its a DD. Im a new college grad with student loans coming in, so Im just looking to get this back to a good, safe, condition that will let me put my hard top on for the next few months.

• So some one welded the rear family bars to the main hoop i thought they were bolted on tjs. Best bet would be to buy a take off cage, but i can weld those pieces if thats how they were done from the factory.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!