**DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek March 19th Sign UP**

• I have a room, 2 queen beds for Friday night. Non-smoking. Up to 3 spots for anyone wanting to split a room. No murderers or anyone prone to destroying hotel rooms please. :up:

Shoot me a text or email, 302-535-9218 if you want to split room. Was like 56 bucks with tax so we'll just split it per person.

• Spare driveshaft rolled out of the XJ when I opened the hatch. Broke my toe on my pedal foot. I have to change my status to tentative.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• 1. Slowpoke
    2. Gpw + my buddy Neil and his YJ. First time to RC for both of us. Thinking blues?
    3. altierior - *tentative pending recuperation* BLACKS, with REDS depending on weather
    4. erager84 (first time stock JKU on 33s)
    5. dejeepfreak - blues
    6. WILLYN

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Ouch, that sounds f'ing terrible.

Yeah, f'ing terrible is one of the ways I would accurately describe it.

~ JD

• Ouch, that sounds f'ing terrible. What kinda time frame did they give on healing? Fully broken or fracture?

'Broken' and 'fractured' are two ways of saying basically the same thing. But yeah, the distal phalanx is fracured/broken straight across, like this (not my xray; but very similar) :

~ JD

• Ouch, that sounds f'ing terrible. What kinda time frame did they give on healing? Fully broken or fracture?

Apparently this is much worse than I had originally thought. I didn't even seek medical treatment for almost a week because I thought there was not much they could do other than tape it. I was quite wrong.

Severe pain finally sent me to the ER one evening last week, where after looking at the x-rays, they said it was hard to believe I had been walking on it like this.

I just go home from the orthopedist. He is recommending to restrict activity for 6-8 weeks because the bone is essentially broken in half, and there is a very real concern that the tip part that is broken could dislocate.

For the past week, I have just been walking around in my regular shoes. Now I have this stylish piece:

And VICODIN! YAY!!! :innocent:

So yeah, I'm out

~ JD

• 1. Slowpoke
    2. Gpw + my buddy Neil and his YJ. First time to RC for both of us. Thinking blues?
    3. altierior - OUT ;( /stupid spare driveshaft :upset:
    5. dejeepfreak - blues
    6. WILLYN

~ JD

• They could at least give you one for the other foot so it doesn't look stupid.

:laughabove:
    My son said the same thing!
    (Although he took more issue with it being assymetrical than he did with it looking stupid.)

~ JD

• 1. Slowpoke
    3. altierior - OUT ;( /stupid spare driveshaft :upset:
    5. dejeepfreak - blues
    6. WILLYN
    7. dj72amc - first time up - blues possibly blacks

• 1. Slowpoke
    3. altierior - OUT /stupid spare driveshaft
    5. dejeepfreak - blues
    6. WILLYN, friend riding shotgun, blues sounds good, maybe blacks
    7. dj72amc - first time up - blues possibly blacks

• Do you guys normally trailer you jeeps up or drive them?

I'm contemplating trying to come if I can borrow a trailer off of a friend. I just got my newly acquired jeep tagged today so I'm a little reluctant to come as it is an unknown vehicle to me. Don't want to ruin a trail ride wth my clunker breaking down.

• I always drive mine up (and back!). Generally, the only ones who trailer are those whose rigs are built up to the point that they aren't streetable. And the ones who have to get it home without a trailer have AAA. We can't guarantee you won't have breakage, on the trail or on the road -- we've had trail damage in the past, but we've always been able to limp back to the parking lot. Jeeps are pretty tough.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!