***2016 Surf Fishing Tournament (July 3rd) sign up***

• "well" is relative, you can see them but there's obviously some distance.

Fishing tournament officially starts at 10am, I would recommend getting on the sand as early as possible and save as much space as you can. I'll get the rules posted soon, probably the same as previous years.

Are we fishing at the DEJA spot on Navy or at Herring Point so we can see the fireworks at night?

Either way, the camping crew can get out there early and mark some spots for people.

• I'd say fish at Navy (because it's slightly less crowded) and then move to Herring later in the day to watch fireworks but don't ask me to make responsible decisions :)

Moving all that stuff is going to be a total PITA but everyone knows we go to Navy so it's best to stay there for the tourney.

• My first observation after going back through the previous years thread was that I don't believe anyone has caught a fish since 2012. Definitely not in 2015 or 2014. In 2013 there was no mention of who won. Turtle and KoxRents respectively won in 2012 and 2011. I stopped reading at that point...point is that since both of those guys live in PA no Delaware resident has caught a fish at this tournament since 2010. I think we know how serious this tournament is but, man, you guys really suck. :)

As far as rules, there wasn't really a standard set of rules we have used in the past so I'm going to do it like this...whatever is highest in the order above wins.

1. Longest fish (non-scale)
    2. Longest living thing (non-fish, horseshoe crab or human)
    3. Longest horseshoe crab
    4. Executive decision of BOD or whomever is capable of making a semi-rational decision at that point.

So if a 10" fish (#1) is caught and a 14" horseshoe crab (#3) is caught the fish wins because it's in a higher category, length doesn't matter unless you're comparing the same category. If only a horseshoe crab gets caught it wins because there's nothing in category 1 or 2. Tournament starts at 10am (try to be on the sand as early as you can to save room, remember no double stacking vehicles front to back) and goes until....I dunno...4?

Winner of the fishing tournament gets the trophy I linked earlier, one random DEJA member will win a Weber grill. We'll be distributing raffle tickets at some random point during the day whenever Matt or I remember to do it and pulling a winner. Grill will be shipped to your house from Amazon after the tournament.

• Tournament starts at 10am (try to be on the sand as early as you can to save room, remember no double stacking vehicles front to back) and goes until....I dunno...4?

Winner of the fishing tournament gets the trophy I linked earlier, one random DEJA member will win a Weber grill. We'll be distributing raffle tickets at some random point during the day whenever Matt or I remember to do it and pulling a winner. Grill will be shipped to your house from Amazon after the tournament.

I say we call it before 4pm. 6 hours is a lot to ask (especially if nothing is biting) of folks that aren't staying at the park for the weekend and may have other family obligations. How about 2pm?

• 1. Longest fish (non-scale)
    2. Longest living thing (non-fish, horseshoe crab or human)
    3. Longest horseshoe crab
    4. Executive decision of BOD or whomever is capable of making a semi-rational decision at that point.

Typical male contest, comparing SIZES to judge the winner. :laughabove:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Looks like we will be fishing the out going tide.

High tide 8:20am
    Low tide 2:07pm

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• if the weatherman is correct and it storms like he said I will have to remain at home. :upset:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!