Mounting stuff to roll cages

• Thanks for the labels. The complexity of this Jeep mod was WAY over my skill set. Can you send me installation instructions in a PDF format?

(I'll give you props though. It looks a lot better than I was expecting.) :)

I had to Knoxproof the diagram. Sorry, PDF files may also be beyond your abilities. The hammering was so it would form to the roll bar for stability.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Eh...it looks 100% better than I was picturing. I'd swap the worm drive clamp for a t-bolt style and rock it. No functional difference, just doesn't give the "hey, I hose-clamped this to my cage" look.

I've got a pad that Zach welded to my dashbar that I lined with velcro. Works well for swapping mounts/devices around. I've found it also collects a large amount of dust sitting in the shop unused. :laughing:

--Ian

• Take a look at the utv accessories. I just got a rear view mirror for a utv that attaches to a roll cage and I'm sure there was other things like phone holders. Just another option.

• Here are some more ideas.
    I bought these, can't remember who makes them.

They seemed a little hardware heavy, so I came up with this hybrid with a muffler clamp. Just weld whatever to the spot marked X. I don't have a clue how to put labels and arrows.

Then I used a hybrid of that to build my future roof rack support/hard top tie-in. It sits on top of the cage and goes to the roof underside, and is bolted through the roof for now. Later I can bolt a plate to the top side and weld a rack on from there.

The clamp to the left and safety cable is for the wakeboard boat speaker.

• I like that idea a lot. It would be easy to make with a few pieces of tubing.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Eh...it looks 100% better than I was picturing. I'd swap the worm drive clamp for a t-bolt style and rock it. No functional difference, just doesn't give the "hey, I hose-clamped this to my cage" look.

I've got a pad that Zach welded to my dashbar that I lined with velcro. Works well for swapping mounts/devices around. I've found it also collects a large amount of dust sitting in the shop unused. :laughing:

--Ian

My jeep is catching up to yours in the "unused" category. I picked up a raingear cover from Ed (Sorry Billy) that I keep on mine just to keep the inside free of grinding dust.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!