Me newest jeep

• Hey I figured I'd share this story and hopefully some progress with you guys. My friends and I all had wranglers when we were in high school (I've had them ever since) and we thought they were the greatest thing.. Because they are. Well ten years ago, one of those friends, and one of my best friends Shawn took his life. Before that happened he sold his YJ to another friend of ours. Well, ever since he passed I had been telling that guy that if he sells that jeep to PLEASE give me first dibs. He contacted me a few months ago and said its mine if I want it.

It didn't run. ive done some things to it so far. New motorcraft 2150 carb. Brakes, fluids, new chain in t case. It's got a long way to go though.
    Once I got it on the road it felt really cool to know I've brought this jeep back to life in memory of my friend.

http://

• It's great that you're keeping your friends Jeep going as a memorial.

To upload pictures they have to be on the internet somewhere so you can attach the link. Or if you use Tapatalk you should be able to upload them directly from your phone.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It's great that you're keeping your friends Jeep going as a memorial.

To upload pictures they have to be on the internet somewhere so you can attach the link. Or if you use Tapatalk you should be able to upload them directly from your phone.

I uploaded the pictures to photobucket, and used the button up top with Mona Lisa, copy and pasted the IMG link from photobucket. I'll have to read the instructions this time

• Got the pics situated.
    I have new fenders, flares, the side steps that are extensions of the flares on a Sahara (those weren't easy to find) headlight bezel and some other odds and ends for the exterior.
    I'm at a dilemma right now, I have the money to get it painted but I need a top soon. If I buy a top then I no longer have all the paint money. Looks like paint will have to wait
    Mechanically it's in decent shape now. It's running a little too lean (if I ease on the pedal in first and second gear, it sputters a bit like it needs more fuel) and maybe my timing is off. It's currently a 2x4 because the vacuum hoses to the front diff are gone. I'm gonna go the cable route with that. That's no rush because I have a pretty sweet XJ if I need 4x4, and I don't wanna beat up on this YJ anyway. So mostly cosmetics from here on out (at least as far as spending more money goes)
    I'll update with any major progress

• It's running a little too lean (if I ease on the pedal in first and second gear, it sputters a bit like it needs more fuel) and maybe my timing is off.

What jets are in the MC2100? Should be stamped on top. I think mine were 49F or something like that. If you can't get the lean issue figured out you might try swapping jets for a bigger bore or drill the ones you have out a hair (but that's hard if you don't have the right drill bit)

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'll have to check. I had to get it tuned to get through inspection and I think that's when this all happened. A friend of mine has a tailpipe sniffer so I'd like to get up with him. Don't wanna just go and make adjustments because last time I did that I was getting 8mpg. After using his machine and getting it to where it would pass inspection I'm getting 12

• You can get a narrow band air/fuel gauge at pep boys pretty cheap. In my opinion it is the absolute best way to tune a carbureted engine. Just weld in a bung in the exhaust and a few wires and it is done. It gives you real time feedback all the time. With narrow band it's pretty much if it's showing on the gauge, the motor will run. You can fine tune from there. But your issue is probably just a lean condition from junk in the jets from sitting. Take them out and clean them and I would bet you will be good to go. Also the accelerator pump diaphragm might be shot. The old ones weren't made to handle ethanol. A good carb rebuild is probably the ticket.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!