DEJA's 15th Birthday!!!

• Originally formed in 2001, today marks the 15th anniversary of the legal establishment of DEJA!! I first joined in 2008 but there's several of you who have been around since the very beginning which is very cool. Over there years many things have changed but many things have stayed the same which I think is a good thing. The membership numbers are strong, we still do monthly trail rides, we support Jeeps for Joy and the community in various ways....here's to the next 15!

• that's awesome. who are the 15 year people?

We keep pretty good records these days but back then it was all paper. Off the top of my head, @deadfeat @JeepSahara @Slimer @claymont-hilbilly @jpfan Steve Smith BBD @Bonkers have been around pretty much since the beginning. I joined in '08, they can probably tell the story even better than I can. I wonder if there's anyone who has been a member every year?

• I wonder if there's anyone who has been a member every year?

Deadfeet, Aastape, and I have been members every year since it started. Actually a few years before the incorporation.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• You're the one who told me about the club at Paragon way back when. I think there may have only been 10 members at that time. You, me, the Smith brothers, Wanderlust, Jump 150 who at the time was in the process of building the flatty, some guy with a red YJ that had a 318 in it (he had a customization shop), ....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Proud to have been a 15 year'er. Think we need a 15 Year Commemorative sticker!

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• That isn't accurate any further back than April '04...those dates were reset when the forum was moved back then and we had to re-register.

I lurked for a while on the original board running out of Steve's house before finally joining sometime in '02 and have been a paid member ever since. I remember fondly those early trailrides in my MJ at Paragon and camping at RC when you could still camp out at camp C and not in the parking lot. :tup:

--Ian

• I see Paul (Wanderlust) all the time, hes an Art teacher at my daughters school. He still has his jeep , but he never drives it.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• That isn't accurate any further back than April '04...those dates were reset when the forum was moved back then and we had to re-register.
    I lurked for a while on the original board running out of Steve's house before finally joining sometime in '02 and have been a paid member ever since. I remember fondly those early trailrides in my MJ at Paragon and camping at RC when you could still camp out at camp C and not in the parking lot. :tup:

--Ian

Those concrete steps were DeJA's first unofficial RTI ramp.

--Ian

what?!?! when did they get rid of this? that would be awesome

• what?!?! when did they get rid of this? that would be awesome

It's prob going on 8-10yrs now, it was around the time they moved the office and entrance to its current location....too many people abused it, were loud/rowdy, went night wheeling, etc.

--Ian

• It's prob going on 8-10yrs now, it was around the time they moved the office and entrance to its current location....too many people abused it, were loud/rowdy, went night wheeling, etc.
    --Ian

It usually only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.... :anger:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!