I'm back!

• After a few years off, I'm back in a Jeep. I just picked up this 1976 CJ-5 today from the second owner! He flew to Arkansas in 2015 to buy it from the original owner. He wanted a rust free foundation to do a frame off restoration. It's a numbers matching drivetrain (304, T-150, Dana 20), true Levi's Edition Renegade. Thankfully there aren't any remnants of the Levi's Edition aside from the dash which I'm going to pull and paint black. It's an all metal tub (no filler) painted back to the original paint code. I'd call it a "driver quality" restoration. It's nice but not too nice to drive like a Jeep. Only mods planned so far are to begin an immediate de-blinging (removing the stainless double tube bumpers, hinges, latches, etc.). This winter I plan on performing the DUI ignition upgrade with the Howell fuel injection kit. Can't wait!

• The Levi editions were cool. Is it Levi Blue? There was a Levi decal that went on the side. A friend of mine has a Levi Edition Gremlin that's pretty sweet (for a Gremlin)

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Sorry for the lack of pics. I tried linking it to google photo but must have failed. I forgot how to upload to the Gallery here, I think it's members only if I'm not mistaken.
    I'll figure it out...

I see the pic that Dave posted above. This new forum layout takes a little getting used to but it's actually easier to use than the old forum. I'm not sure if gallery space is still members only but you can directly attach photos to your posts now. When you're posting, there's a little paperclip icon right next to the smilies icon.. just click that and select the pic from your phone/PC and voila!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Welcome back! :wavey:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• YO STEVE!! Long time my Trail Damage brother. Looking forward to catching up.

Any chance you guys will be at the mud run again this year? We have another group of delinquents attending. Text me or look for our tailgate if you are.

• Welcome back! Been a while!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!