Future Stocker Rides

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

i have everything but the lift and tires
    does that make me an expert
    no
    but i feel confident what i do

And that is the point of the stocker rides. To feel confident and have fun.

It comes down to this:

Some people like to push the envelope, others would rather be overbuilt so that they can walk through with little trouble. I have a sneeking suspicion that if say, Ian were to join you on a stock ride and help everyone out, no big deal. but it's the guy(s) who gets off by looking important and bad @$$ in front of the group that gets annoying (and into trouble). Am I feeling you flow? pickin up what your puttin down?

• I think Sarah does stuff with the Red Cross?

I'd like to right-seat with somebody, but I might be down in Texas, too. My team wasn't tasked for Katrina support, so there's a strong chance that we'll respond to this one if it doesn't loose a lot of strength before it hits.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Quote from "whatevah"

if it doesn't loose a lot of strength before it hits.

Here's to hoping it dies down real soon.

Anyone see any similarities to the recent weather with the movie
    The day after tommorrow

Kind of eerie

• Quote from "Elff"

Here's to hoping it dies down real soon.

The day after tommorrow

Kind of eerie

Wow, never thought of that, kind of scary really

• Quote from "Elff"

The day after tommorrow

Kind of eerie

I was just telling my mom yesterday that I found it scary how closely the weather has resembled that movie.

If anyone hasn't seen that movie, SEE IT! Absolutely amazing!

It's going on my Netflix list again right now!

• Quote from "whatevah"

I think Sarah does stuff with the Red Cross?

I'd like to right-seat with somebody, but I might be down in Texas, too. My team wasn't tasked for Katrina support, so there's a strong chance that we'll respond to this one if it doesn't loose a lot of strength before it hits.

I'll know after Sunday if my pop's is gonna go....and remember I always have that backseat if your interested...

and about the Day after Tommorow....when I first saw that movie...i said " I bet thats gonna happen".....and it looks like so far I'm kind of right....

what's next?

I just don't know if I want to be living in a building with ice all around it....

• even more erie is the recent tv show series that started last nite "invasion"

started out with a warning about the opening scenes of a hurricane

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• I just tried to move my flight from Saturday to tomorrow. Northwest Airlines has a list of Rita-affected airports that they will waive the change fee for. Austin in NOT one of them. As of now they're saying light winds, and no atypical delays...yeah, right... Des Moines here I come!!!

DrJ (has tickets AND a nice room in Austin...100 or so miles away from coast)

• I was actually planning on going to Rausch Creek Oct. 15 too.

Then, last night, I learn about a Vestry retreat I'm supposed to go on. I missed the meeting at Church when people decided on a date. Guess what day the retreat is on? :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Icky"

I was just telling my mom yesterday that I found it scary how closely the weather has resembled that movie.

If anyone hasn't seen that movie, SEE IT! Absolutely amazing!

It's going on my Netflix list again right now!

dont rent it you can borrow it.

• Quote from "quadna71"

you've never lived in minnesota, have you? :)
    chris

Minnesota? Can't say I have.... ENG 175

..althought I have moved every 3 years of my life.. MA, NJ (2x),TX,VA,then the good ol' DE. Ain't nothing like a hail storm is Texas! :spinrhead:

• Quote from "quadna71"

:sniffle:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Don't go off the topic.

Please start your own topic and don't hijack Keith's post. :yevil:

Can we go back to the original topic now? :soapbox:

Quote from "Keith_C"

I'd like to suggest that future stocker rides be limited to Jeeps with tires 33" or smaller.

My random throughts:

1. future members be limited to Jeeps with tires 33" or smaller.
    2. future members be limited to Jeeps with tires 40" or bigger.
    3. future stocker rides be limited to driver who has SAT score 1500 or above.
    3. future stocker rides be limited to driver who has SAT score 900 or below.
    4 future stocker rides be limited to driver who has .....Bah Bah.......Bah

America is about Freedom. No other vehicles represent Freedom better than a Jeep. No other clubs carry the spirit of Freedom more than a Jeep Club. That is the essence of owing a Jeep. Ride high, ride low or whatever you see fit, but ride her proudly. :)

• Quote from "underDAWG"

America is about Freedom. No other vehicles represent Freedom better than a Jeep. No other clubs carry the spirit of Freedom more than a Jeep Club. That is the essence of owing a Jeep. Ride high, ride low or whatever you see fit, but ride her proudly. :)

AMEN! WELL SAID :peace:

• Well... It's nice to know I can still stir the pot...

Thanks to those that had something positive to offer.

It was also great to hear from a few old friends that only surface when there's a chance to jump on the controversy bandwagon.

My original post was for the most part mis-understood, but at this point I think it best to just let it go.

As far as any reflection on the club, the opinions expressed were my own and should in no way be taken otherwise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!