Caravan from the north this Saturday

• Is anyone heading down to the DEJA 3rd Annual Surf Fishing Tournament Saturday morning from up north who wants to caravan down?

I plan on leaving the Bear area around 6:00am. Stopping for bait on the way down.

• I would be up for that. I live just over the St. Georges bridge so let me know where we can meet up. I could use some bait too.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Quote from "DrJ"

How do we find you on the beach if we don't make the caravan?

DrJ

Just drive out the Herring Point crossing. It's all the way at the South end.

I'll be listening to CB channel 4.

• Yes, you should always air down your tires, unless you are running fatter tires, like 12" wide or so. Even then the ride can be rough on the sand with the tires at full pressure.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "DrJ"

How's the sand there? Will we need to air down?

It's probably not a bad idea, you would do alot better with the tires aired down. They have air stations at most exits off the beach.

• If I can get these issues dealt with before Saturday, I'll get in touch about caravaning down with you guys from up north. I'm in Newark.

• Kenny, just sent you a PM about calling us Saturday morning. We're really close to Rt.1, we'd like to meet up on the highway somewhere.

DrJ

• I have the oba if anyone wants to air back up. I aired down last time i went and had no problems so i think i might just try without airing down. But im also running 35s.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Quote from "DISH"

I dont air down when I go in there. Never a problem.

HEY!!! WHERE YOU BEEN? KJ's are showing up more and more, but you were first!

You, me, CJ, Brian, and Paul (though he doesn't like to admit it) now!

DrJ

• I've been on the beach without airing down with my 33x12's and had no problem. I've also pulled a lot of people out who hadn't aired down. There a lot factors that effect the sand condition. I wouldn't risk it because it is a lot more work trying to dig yourself out than it is to air down the tires.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• We will be meeting at the Ches Del Resturant on Rt.13 just south of the St. Georges Bridge and heading down to the shore at 6:00am.

Caravan route - Rt.13 to odessa, Then hop onto Rt.1 (picking up any dover folks in Little Haven) Then proceed down Rt.1 to the five points intersection turning left into Lewes then into Cape Henlopen.

• Ches Del works for me.

So far so good without airing down. About 5 times on the beach this year with out airing down. 33 x 12.5. Sand Crawling - oh so fun!

Smaller tires on heavier rigs should air down. Getting stuck is not fun.

jason

• Last year, with my 31 x 10.5's I aired down and had no problems, EXCEPT for trying to air up at the air stations there while battling bird sized mutant mosquitos from the Salem plant.

If I make it this year, I might not need to air down! :spinrhead:

• Quote from "wanderlust"

If I make it this year, I might not need to air down! :spinrhead:

As long as your bladder withstands the bumps and jarring you'll be fine. :rolleyes: :peace:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!