Wheelin in Northern Del

• yup, a great idea, but with the only available land either owned by farms or the state for hunting or parks, it most likely will never happen. maybe off Rt 301 somewhere. for a DE location, up north would be best (to get some hills) but the cost of land is sooooooo high.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• VBquick1 is right in that the "popular wheeling motive" for the area is going down to the canal (although I would have said the perception of Tread Lightly for some is to drink light beer). That's the unfortunate realism of Delaware that ruins it for those of us who try to be more responsible. I'm sure he runs into that mentality a lot in his line of work.

The Blue Diamond place would be neat to do but they won't let you on their bike course because our vehicles would tear it up. They'd have to make a NEW course. Everytime I drive by the old pit at Hares Corner (behind Burger King) I think how cool it would be to buy that pit and create a place to wheel. It would be small and you could do it all in a few hours but I think there is a market in this area for something like that where someone doesn't want to commit an entire day or weekend to off roading.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "whatevah"

maybe off Rt 301 somewhere.

I don't know where your thinking, but almost all that land bought up by developers. You got a new dealership going in, a new highschool, a Wal-Mart, and as you go down and down it will get more bought up.....

People like the Clay Farm are just holding out to be bought up by a developer...that is some $$$$$ land right there.

Maybe somehwere in Townsend....lol.

I think we can dream, but I just don't see it happening. The state's gonna have the last word and say no. Or they would let you do it, but then turn it into a development or some sort in the future....

• You'll pretty much have to buy your own land and then make an off road park out of it. But even then you'll run into road blocks. People fought Blue Diamond when they first applied for the permits to open. :upset:

If you keep the land private just to have fun on with some friends then you could get away with anything you wanted. But then the land won't make money to pay for itself. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• the law dont like it when we go muddin illegally but all we got is up north and what not and im not abot to go break my stuff hours away and have to have it towed home

• second that :bang:

Some people don't get that illegal is illegal no matter how much justification is given for the said illegal activity.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Quote from "CRFjeepGUY"

the law dont like it when we go muddin illegally but all we got is up north and what not and im not abot to go break my stuff hours away and have to have it towed home

if you break your stuff ( which I have yet to do-- knock on wood) the people in the club aren't gonna leave you for dead, they will find a way to help you out and get you back home. There are a lot of people that use trailers to get there Jeep back and forth...

the ride IMO is so worth it, cuz you can spend the whole day wheeling and watch other Jeeps do some crazy things...IMO its not that expensive either.

I think the most damage I have ever aquired, was when I was non-skid plated, and decided to run a high blue and ended with a little dent in my oil pan..

I mean jeez, a stock XJ made it though fine with not a lot of damage. I just think illegal wheeling it dumb, because it would cost you more for a tow truck to come pull you out of a illegal spot, (with that fine) then it would to get your jeep home.

I admited already once, when I was younger and first got my license I did wheel illegal, till I put two and two together and realized I was either gonna hurt myself, or get caught. Thats when I stopped.

• I'd rather break my stuff while wheeling legally among friends who CAN and WILL help get you home than break my stuff while wheeling illegally and risk hefty fines and having my vehicle impounded.

Don't forget, just last fall, MOPARTECH got called to tow someone out who got caught wheeling illegally. That guy got charged about $10,000 in FINES! Plus, he still had to FIX his VEHICLE!

So, is it REALLY worth the risk?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• well i never wheel alone so i dont have to worry about tow trucks and like i said where i go wheelin aint really illegal the owners dont care its the ppl in the development who do

aint really illegal the owners dont care its the ppl in the development who do

if it was legal, people wouldn't be getting big tickets for being there.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• i think we answered the question about legal wheeling in delaware. there is none. lets lock this thing up and go about our daily conversations.

:soapbox:

the law dont like it when we go muddin illegally but all we got is up north and what not and im not abot to go break my stuff hours away and have to have it towed home

that may be the dumbest thing i have ever read.

i want my 2 minutes back. :roll:

• What Chris means is, that the inconvenience to you of travelling two hours to wheel legally is so great that it is OK to wheel illegally locally, is just stupid. There is no excuse to wheel locally... not that legal wheeling is too far, or that you may break far from home, or that you might not get caught, etc. Delaware Jeep Association does not condone illegal wheeling, and we don't want to waste our time reading about how you can justify it for yourself. Clear enough!?!
    :soapbox:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!